T20 Thrust Washers and Main Bushings

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: T20 Thrust Washers and Main Bushings

T20 Thrust Washers and Main Bushings

I have been taking apart an older t-20 out of an Attex, the ones with the brake rotors on em, and I have noticed some variation from your t-20 rebuild post. Mine had none of the thrust washers in it, like on the 3 planitary gears on each side, there were none. Should I put them in you think? Also I was wondering about when you have the housing empty and your looking down at where the drum rides in the housing there is a brass/copper bushing around the inside of the housing, mine is worn down to the gauge groove in it, is that something that can be replaced? Thanks! Jim

I pulled your post out to a new thread so others with the same question can find it better. Don't add the thrust washers if they are not already there. Some years had them, some years did not, and some years actually had them in different places.

As for the perforated bushing, I have never replaced one. It looks simple enough but I guess the issue would be finding a replacement? Perhaps one of our T20 gurus can chime in.

This summer I learned that if you put thrust washers in a tranny that never had them it'll be too tight to turn when you put it all back together.
    Banned

thanks for the info guys, yeah if anyone knows where I could get the bushing sthat would be great, does RI sell them? I would like to replace both sides right away of course. Other than that the tranny looked pretty good, no gouging in the drums and the main shaft bearings look really good. No sure about the bands though, I know if I dig its probably posted somewhere, but how thick should the red friction material be. To my eye, mine looks very thin much thinner than the metal. I would say a 1/16 or so. None of it is missing anywhere and there are no aparent grooves or damage in it though, also it looks suprisingly even in thickness from end to end.

I want to do the double o ring treatment to the lower plungers too, when i cracked the case I got maybe 1/8 cup of fluid out and that was it! I'm sure thats why those bushings wore!!!

Just a few threads down in the transmission forum is a long thread on bands and different thicknesses depending on who lined them: http://www.6x6world.com/forums/trans...ama-bands.html

For the bushing just call RI and ask if they have them and how much they are. That would be the quickest way to find out.

+ Reply to Thread