homemade 6x6

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: homemade 6x6

homemade 6x6

Hi I bin asked to explain my project a little more, BEAR with me iam pretty slow on the computer.
    First I took 3 ford 9 " diffs and used 10 " of the ends I turned the sawed off end out to fit a 6207 bearing. I coped them through a 4x4x.375 square tubing.I then turned the axeles down to fit the 6207 and put a keyway out the end.
    the axels are 36" apart. for a 72" outside c/c. I got the bottem formed out of 10 guage with a tunnel for out board use. I have double roller 60 HD in a sepentine fashion covering all sprockets per side with a super strong slack adjuster.
    Outside to outside with tires it is 74"
    The dana 44 open diff does the steering with the nissan vented disk brakes. If this thing works out good I was thinking of putting a ARB LOCKER in it for those nasty situations where no steering is requred ! The diff is out of a 1995 1/2 ton ford front high pinion. I had to make bushings to mount the seals for the extended axels whitch have 1 1/4 pillow block bearings on the outside.
    The jetta diesel still needs the spider gears reworked (next on the list) It was a transaxel and is now mounted inline, so it drives of one side now needing a spool.
    The main frame is out of steel but the body is going to be aluminium.
    the tires are goodyear super teera grip 31x15.50
    I have a few small things yet to figure out. Like the size of master cyls for the calipers and fuel tank shape, Final tub shape, Cv joint to ujoint adapter
    Overall its going pretty good. I will try to do some pics over the holidays.
    Its bin a couple of year project so far , Not to ambitious sometimes.

Enough for now
    Curtis.

Curtis, this is a really impressive project you have going on here. There are only a small handful of members who custom build extreme projects like that, and it is great that you can add to the bunch. Those 31x15.5 Goodyears will leave one heck of a footprint too! If you ever get a chance to post some pics, Im sure we would all appreciate it. Thanks and good luck with the build!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Sounds AWESOME Curtis! It think you'll find yourself quite at home here!

YEP!!

Sounds cool!!!!!
    WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

deisel 6x6

I am just getting back to working on this thing now that my shop is done, A few changes, No more dana 44 for diff steering. I now will soon have a T20 to put in here instead. WAY easier to finish!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Nice!

Hey Beeman, any work on your 8X8 project?
    Looked REALLY interesting, curious if you have had
    any progress. (Any time for any progress???)
    Attex 295 Wild Wolf: My Runner
    Attex 252? Colt? Racer 80%: My Racer to be..... SOMEDAY
    Attex Super Chief - Sold.

thats not normal!!!
    And this is coming from someone who pulls out porsche engines to replace them with LS4's
    How deep is the lake you want to cross or are you going elephant hunting and want something to haul your catch back on.
    I was worried about the extra weight of a cage

Quote Originally Posted by 6X6 View Post
    Hey Beeman, any work on your 8X8 project?
    Looked REALLY interesting, curious if you have had
    any progress. (Any time for any progress???)
    I'll post the reply in the proper thread

Thumbs down Nice!

Neat project iiijbird. Looks strong enough to conquer anything. I am very interested in seeing how you will utilize the T-20 to do the dirty work. Seems like that is where a lot of custom projects stall, at the transmission. My mind says hydraulics, my budget says chains.

Keep us posted!

+ Reply to Thread