T-20 question

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: T-20 question

T-20 question

My 93 Max IV goes forward with no problem but in reverse the left side doesn't work but the right side works well. My question is it is possible to have 1 out of 4 bands go bad or could this be an adjustment problem ? Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by jeepfxr; 10-13-2010 at 10:54 PM. Reason: wrong spelling

Typically only one band goes at a time so that is a possibility but first check to make sure the diamond shifter is actually engaging on that side of the T20 when you put it in reverse. If it appears to be engaging fine then pull the diamond shifter out and make sure the pin is not broken on the end of it. That is more likely the cause of the problem unless you are hearing a lot of noise coming from the T20 when you are in reverse. It's an easy fix too. Search the transmission forum here for more info on the diamond shifter.

Quick question Jeep. In forward can you turn Left and Right equally easily?
    If you loose a band for Reverse, it'll also take braking on that side away when you're in forward.
    If you can't turn Left in Forward, it's gonna be the band or adjustment. I've had a pin break like Mike said, and you will loose a direction on one side.
    Attex 295 Wild Wolf: My Runner
    Attex 252? Colt? Racer 80%: My Racer to be..... SOMEDAY
    Attex Super Chief - Sold.

Okay that's what I will do first. It doesn't make any noise so I might get lucky on this one. Thanks much, Jeepfxr

It all seems normal in forward and turns both ways normally. I'll try these ideas and keep you posted. Thanks for the help again, Jeepfxr.....The machine never wins..
    Last edited by Mike; 10-14-2010 at 05:10 PM. Reason: merged two consecutive posts.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepfxr View Post
    It all seems normal in forward and turns both ways normally. I'll try these ideas and keep you posted. Thanks for the help again, Jeepfxr.....The machine never wins..
    in that case, your bands should be fine. like Mike and 6x6 said, pull the diamond shifter and take a look at the shift pin. you can also use a screwdriver to move the shifter inside the trany. with the with the diamond shifter removed, CAREFULLY use a screwdriver to move the shifter in the trans toward the outside of the trans. do this with the machine off. you may have to rock the machine front to back to get it to go in. once you have it shifted, put the other side in reverse, fire it up, and see how it does
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

+ Reply to Thread