Can you use 6x6 tracks on a 8x8 ?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can you use 6x6 tracks on a 8x8 ?

Can you use 6x6 tracks on a 8x8 ?

Hello, I bought a 90 Argo Magnum 8x8 and it came with 6x6 track set. Can I use these tracks and if so what position should I run them in? IE: Front set or back set of tires? If anyone has some used sections I would be interested in making a full set also.
    Thanks, Mark

Mark, I think you can buy replacement sections still for your Argo tracks. I would run them on all 4 wheels on each side of your 8x8.

SouthFlorida, Did you get your Max IV off ebay? I saw the ad on there. Hold onto those tracks because from everything I have heard, tracks on these vehicles make them unstoppable. Let us know how they work out for you in the deep Florida gumbo.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Tracking the front 3 tires on each side is pretty common and works very well.
    Also, in the last couple yrs it has gotten more common to just track the center 2 tires.
    I have tried this and if I had to rate how good it works, I would say that having the center 2 tires tracked works about 80% as good as full tracks. It also seems to be much easier on the machine, it's harder to "walk out" of your tracks, and it's easier to turn the machine.

Personally, I prefer not to put tracks on at all unless I really need to..........When I really need to, I will normally track all tires (I think the machines look kinda goofy with half a set of Supertracks on)
    Also, since I upgraded to 24" tires, on my Conquest, I don't have enough room between tires to run "Halftracks".

Quote Originally Posted by jpswift1 View Post
    SouthFlorida, Did you get your Max IV off ebay? I saw the ad on there. Hold onto those tracks because from everything I have heard, tracks on these vehicles make them unstoppable. Let us know how they work out for you in the deep Florida gumbo.

gotcha thanks for the advice !
    and i thought there was no life after the 4x4 atv !

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Doctor View Post
    Also, since I upgraded to 24" tires, on my Conquest, I don't have enough room between tires to run "Halftracks".
    Wait a second! May I make an ASSumption of myself, hoping you have managed to fit plastic supertracks around the frontier tires on your conquest?
    To Invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. (Thomas Edison)

Roger S Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rock Doctor
    Wait a second! May I make an ASSumption of myself, hoping you have managed to fit plastic supertracks around the frontier tires on your conquest?
    I have not tested it yet, but it looks like I will still be able to run the tracks.
    I will let you know how it works when I get the chance to try it.
    I have a bunch of extra track segments around here, and just have to find some time.

+ Reply to Thread