Water test w/Kenda Bearclaws

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Water test w/Kenda Bearclaws

Water test w/Kenda Bearclaws

Hey guys,

Here was my first water test with Kenda Bearclaws. Not the best video, as after I reviewed the video, I don’t think I gave the Kenda’s enough time to see if they would start paddling? But, once I got out and put the front tires in contact with the bank, it comes right out. I also get stuck on a log…..apparently, Hustler made the distance from the front axle to the center axle, slightly longer than center to rear (JPSwift, 2007). I will take another video this weekend, but this time I am going to reverse the front and rear tires. I kinda just wanted to show JP the machine so far as he was curious about the Honda. I’m still working on the backseat issue, because it hits the exhaust….but even without the backseat or rack, I still have room for dog, decoys, gun and blind bag…

BTW, how do you embed the video?

boncrshr, i put 26" bearclaws on my max4 a few years ago. traction was better than anything i have, but they dont swim a stroke.

I hate that those didn't swim well for you but thanks for posting the video and a synopsis. I loved the videographer's comment "Well, you're not sinking". That was great.

As for the embedded video you already did it!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I hate that those didn't swim well for you but thanks for posting the video and a synopsis. I loved the videographer's comment "Well, you're not sinking". That was great.

As for the embedded video you already did it!
    It looked like the Bearclaws failed the water test. I would say that Bo could care less as long as he gets to ride.Most ATV's swim OK with the right tires.
    Sorry to see they didn't work out. Try some 22' rawhides.
    Whipper

Scott, didnt that other Hustler that was parked in your garage that was owned by your hunting partner have some 22" Rawhide III's on it? Try those and I think you will be very impressed with the ride and traction.....they also swim pretty well too. I had my Max II out today in about 8 inches of snow and underneath the snow was muddy ground, but the machine still managed to climb very steep inclines in the woods in my backyard. I also had my Hustler BIGFOOT out in the snow, but those 26" Goodyear Super Terra Grips didnt grip as well as the 22" Rawhide III's did.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Bo definitely likes to ride!

Hey JP,

I actually had that other Hustler in the water once and it did not swim very well at all, maybe the tread depth is not what it should be? I could measure it. But what really turned me off on those tires was that they kept gumming up when exiting the water, I had a real hard time getting out of the pond...again, that could be a tread depth issue.

I will post up a video after this weekend and I am just crossing my fingers...plan of attack is push pole, reverse front and rear tires, and increase psi to 7.

I believe that Jerseybigfoot has some 25" Rawhide III's on his Hustler (they're a tight fit, but they fit) and he said they're not very fast in the water as well. Im willing to bet that the difference in water speed with the same tires on a Max II compared to a Hustler is the longer wheelbase and the tires spaced farther apart. My Max II does somewhat well with the Rawhide III's on it, but I guess if you stretch the wheelbase like on that Hustler or a Max IV, it hurts the water speed.
    Just more information to consider, Scott, haha. The 26" Goodyear Super Terra Grips really move in the water......but then you have the get that deeper tub........hmmmmmmm.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Thanks for posting the video, bon. I have similiar issues with my 26" super grips; they swim slowly but traction in the mud is awsome. That Honda sounds strong...

Thanks Mein..

You know JP, those Escargo tracks would be the best solution to all of my problems, but I do not have a firstborn to mortgage yet

haha, I think you're right......$3200, what are they thinking?!

+ Reply to Thread