2010 Hustler Upgrade and rebiuld

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2010 Hustler Upgrade and rebiuld

Cool 2010 Hustler Upgrade and rebiuld

Well I guess it was time to re-do the Hustler so with some help from Whipper we gave her a more-Better....Upgrade......New Splined axles and sprockets, Bearings , Max chain tentioners, Re-working the flooring frame removing some of it and putting in cross braces in, new chain, still a few more things to do , also have new upper and lower tubs putting the new ones on and going to try to make a trailor out of the other body
    to see all the pic's go to my gallery to the folder ( 2010 Upgrade)
    Attached Images

Wow...that Hustler is going to be nice. Did you fabricate the chain tensioners or are they available for purchase? I was going to cut some PVC pipe down the middle and place over the frame rails to keep the chains both tight and prevent them from dragging across the frame rails.

Arp35

The chain tensioners on REB181,s Hustler look exactly like the new chain tensioners that I got from Recreatives for my Max II.

REB181

Those new spockets and axles that Whipper made for you sure look sweet. With all new sprockets , chains, and chain tensioners , you should be set!

Is that all that you did?

The new parts/upgrades look great and they should definitely give you many hours of problem free driving.

That looks great! I know you'll be more than happy with the Apache Gear parts.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

hey rob how about a run to the dunes....GLAMIS..that would be awsome

They are Max chain adjusters from R.I.
    Quote Originally Posted by arp35 View Post
    Wow...that Hustler is going to be nice. Did you fabricate the chain tensioners or are they available for purchase? I was going to cut some PVC pipe down the middle and place over the frame rails to keep the chains both tight and prevent them from dragging across the frame rails.
    That's where they came from new bearings too....
    Quote Originally Posted by mudbug3 View Post
    Arp35

The chain tensioners on REB181,s Hustler look exactly like the new chain tensioners that I got from Recreatives for my Max II.

REB181

Those new spockets and axles that Whipper made for you sure look sweet. With all new sprockets , chains, and chain tensioners , you should be set!
    I'm going as fast as I can ..lol.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Is that all that you did?

The new parts/upgrades look great and they should definitely give you many hours of problem free driving.
    You bet Great Parts....
    Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    That looks great! I know you'll be more than happy with the Apache Gear parts.
    Well I'll Have to think about that one....but sounds fun....
    Quote Originally Posted by wfo View Post
    hey rob how about a run to the dunes....GLAMIS..that would be awsome
    I'll be posting some more pic's here soon frames in for blast and powder coating should have it back monday or tuesday ....
    Last edited by Mike; 10-16-2010 at 11:22 AM. Reason: merged six consecutive posts. You can reply to everyone in one post by using the multi quote (the "+) button. ;)

Cool More on the upgrade....

Just posted some more pic's of the upgrade Was working on putting the wiring in sat night then have to shave the bottom tub to fit the upper tub then reroute the exhaust then a few other things ears for the whip, install the new headlights and so on LOL.....New albummore upgrade 2010....
    Last edited by Mike; 11-07-2010 at 01:17 PM. Reason: moved post to existing thread to keep everything organized in one place

Looks like your gettin r dun!

Here is a link to your gallery.
    More upgrade pic's 2010 - Amphibious ATV Pictures

+ Reply to Thread