@#$*clutch.....

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: @#$*clutch.....

@#$*clutch.....

So......whaddya do after an hour or so of useless pounding with a large scewdriver (as your instructions show) to remove a 34yr old T-20 clutch? Keep in mind I already tried a puller and any other thing I could find laying around before breakin down and admitting defeat... I mean I AM A GUY...... but anways back to point, I'm fustrated and completely out of ideas.
    Because anything less isn't really "All-Terrain"

Is the tranny out of the machine? Elevate (2) 2x6 boards. Load the transmission with the clutch on both 2x6 boards with the shaft in between the boards where the transmission is hanging suspended by the clutch. Use PB Blaster to break through and penetrate the rust. Note use padding under the transmission so when it breaks free the other shaft will not hit the ground. Use a soft metal punch If you have one 3 /4 to one inch in diameter and tap on the end of the transmission shaft. This should free up the clutch. It is not pretty but it will work.

The weight of the transmission will help add a mechanical advantage to the taps. Hope this helps.

Thanks, I'll give it a try in the morning.
    Because anything less isn't really "All-Terrain"

+ Reply to Thread