The Snow Company Omaha NE

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Snow Company Omaha NE

The Snow Company Omaha NE

snow company power kart also might be known as a "farm Skat"

several years ago, when i was first getting into 6 wheelers, i went to pick up a Terra Tiger and the guy gave me this ancient 3 wheeler. i tore into fixing it up, then got off on other projects. this has been sitting (almost drivable) for 4 years... i can't seem to find any good deals on derelict 6 wheelers to dive into, so i thought i'd get this thing running and pretty it up a little. the tag on the side states: The Snow Company, Power-Kart, Omaha NE a google search turned up a few people looking for info on them, but not much else. with the diverse crowd around here, I figured there might be someone on 6x6 World that new something (anything) about this thing.
    http://www.6x6world.com/forums/attac...power-kart.jpg
    http://www.6x6world.com/forums/attac...ower-kart2.jpg
    Last edited by racerone3; 10-23-2010 at 06:22 PM.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

that thing is awesome! looks just like a John Deere AMT 600 i had one a few years ago total riot to drive, im sure yours will be just as fun!
    '99 Conquest 104hp turbocharged intercooled EFI Chevy Sprint conversion
    "Argo 8x8's only" type of guy
    "old school Argo expert"

I love those John Deere AMTs 5 wheelers. I remember when I was a really little kid my dad and I went to the Deere dealership and I got the sales brochure for the AMTs. There was the 600 and the AMT 626, which was the side by side two passenger model. There was also a little pedal version of it too.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

I finally dove into this thing today. it is stripped to the bare frame and scattered all over my shop. i find doing that to be the best motivation to get something done. the floor under the battery and the bed both have some rust issues to be dealt with, but nothing too bad. i had to use pb blaster on 2 bolts... no torch, no sawzall, no swearing... strangest thing i've ever seen once i get things cleaned up, painted, and start reassembly, i will post a few more pics. I'm thinking the green has to go. any suggestions? i'm leaning toward Attex yellow.
    Attached Images
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Odd. There's not a single beer anywhere in the photos! Probably why there was also no swearing, no smoke wrench, no BFH involved.

My vote is for red or orange. Something more jazzy. You already have a lot of yellow stuff.

The trike is back to being a roller again. carb was surprisingly clean for having old gas in it for 4 years... i was expecting carnage. i've got it soaking in acetone just for good measure. once the weather decides to cooperate, I will get the Bed and rear fenders sprayed with red bed liner. I still need to rework the seat mount. the briggs is a little taller than the tecumseh that it came with, so the seat hits the spark plug. then i need to try to source a drive belt hopefully I don't get bored with the project and push it outside before it's done this time
    Attached Images

Very slick! The red bed is going to set it off nicely. Did you just dip the whole engine in silver paint?

You know, it would make a heck of a parts-getter, or little pickup to go junk pickin' on garbage day....

~m

I did a factory briggs paint job... look at any of the old singles, plug wire painted, plug painted, starter handle, all bolts. i was at least thoughtful enough to put some black heat shrink on the plug wire after i painted it silver. i also masked the 2 stickers on the engine, but they are silver too so it's hard to tell. i didn't figure i could hurt the engine from a cosmetic standpoint... the pull handle and plug wire were already white from the factory... i'm thinking of pulling it back off and painting the engine red though. too much silver in the drive line.

while i can see it being handy to have around, i'll have to sell this one. i have too many "handy" things, and the odds of me seriously injuring myself with this one are too great
    Last edited by racerone3; 11-04-2010 at 02:12 PM.

Well then it's a true restoration!

The ultimate question: Are you keeping the GREEN seat covers?

Noooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread