walk this way

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: walk this way

walk this way

Get rid of those eccenrtic bearings 6 chain attex conversion. I will be doing a 2 piece split shaft collar replacement with pics. I have tried everything else to keep the axle in place. This is micmac conversion for max adapted to a 6 chain attex. i have tried the eccentric collars on the inside of axle do not work with bruiser so i purchased the bearing with 2 set screws in the inside bearing loctited in still moon walking. So i got some 2 piece split shaft wich are on the way. The only difference will be from micmac is you can not do the left middle on the inside because the sprocket itself sets flush against the bearing on the inside. If this does not work the engine will come out next and a 13 horsepower power max will be installed tired of working on it i am tired of frame chew
    Last edited by jeffery9076; 10-11-2010 at 06:52 AM.

The older attex used a pressed on bearing design. Maybe you can find some bearing with the right dimension to press them on. I believe yours are probably 1" which is 25.4mm bearings. So if you could get some 25mm bearings they would press on and be a pain to take on and off without a press or a big HAMMER but will keep your axles in. I have never tried it on later machine but it works great on the older 1st generation attexs. Or if you want to trade your good running motor for mine I will pay shipping both ways, lol.

Seriously though. Sorry to hear about your axle problems. Hope you get something figured out!

Well larry i might sell not trade / i am thinking of seriouly selling it all and investing in my lawncare biz wich i make money at not cost me more and more. This is the last chance for bruiser axles besides the new powermax that has been sitting almost a year in my shed. I have not rode bruiser more than 30 hours if that since totally restoring it. I DID START THE CONVERSION AND GOT RAINED OUT

I found some bearings at NAPA that fit on the 1'' axles. They are SKS RA100RRB. They are $16 and have the locking collars but are not attched. Thats what I am using on mine, as I am restoring it now. Good luck either way though

Jeff,

The split collars will hold the axle no problem. Is the middle sprocket against the outer or inner bearing? If its the inner and you still have room at the outer bearing, you can sandwich the outer bearing with the split collars. (one on the inside and one on the outside of the machine.
    "Don't worry my Dad's a TV repairman, he has an excellent set of tools..I can fix It"

+ Reply to Thread