Thanks to 6x6 World member Don for submitting some more, really cool literature for everyone on the site to enjoy. This time Don was kind enough to ship me some very rare, full size drawings that came from the Attex design team detailing a prototype 6x6 called the MERV-I.

This 6x6 ATV was designed to be 30" tall, 100" long, and 56" wide. It has 26" tires with 6" of ground clearance, and appears to have been designed to climb over a 12" obstacle with ease. It carried two people. The driver was seated and the passenger appears to have been able to lay down on their stomach. It has an onboard Oxygen supply. It appears to be a rescue vehicle and I can only assume that MERV stands for Military Emergency Rescue Vehicle or Multipurpose Emergency Response Vehicle?

A second drawing details a trailer with 21" tires and 11.5" of ground clearance that is designed to carry one occupant lying on their back. The trailer also has it's own Oxygen supply.

These drawings are 30" wide and 70" long original vellum drawings with tons of detail. They were originally drafted on October 16-19 in 1972 and I was just as impressed by the drawings themselves as I was the prototype 6x6. Don shipped them to me in an old drawing tube. When they arrived I unscrewed the top and could immediately smell the old paper. That strong scent that came from the tube really brought the drawings to life, and I could only imagine being behind the drawing board watching someone put these details together 38 years ago!

Manual drafting is such an art and the detail in these drawings is amazing. Just take a look at the detail in the driver's eyes and ears. It's just something you don't see anymore. After I stared at them for a long time I scanned them in, but large format drawings are difficult to view online. So, to help fit the page, I have a lower resolution image of the full drawings, so you can get an idea of how they are laid out. Then there are higher resolution images showing each detail on the drawing.

Thanks again Don for sending these in for everyone to enjoy. They really are an incredible addition to the literature section and quite the piece of ATV history. If you have anything else to add to the history of these drawings and how they came to be please elaborate or correct anything that I may have gotten wrong.

I have added these drawings to our existing collection of Attex Brochures found here: Attex 6x6 ATV Literature