Diesel Power Mudd Ox

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Diesel Power Mudd Ox

Diesel Power Mudd Ox

Sports Fans, I just got done with my winter's wood supply.I couldn't do it in the spring when I normally do it due to some back-whacking.
    Recently I built a boom on back of my 2010 Diesel Ox. I wanted it strong enough to lift a moose. I did pick up my Polaris 500 4-wheeler on a test.
    I took the Ox to the woods and used it to drag logs from the rough hillsides to the landing. I pulled up to 4 logs at a time. The average butt size was about 14 inches, and 15 feet long.
    I don't know how many logs I could have dragged, but I had more than enough power to do it with ease. I had to look back to see if I was still pulling logs.
    I did shoot some video of the operation. The boom worked great. I will also shoot some video on how I built the boom, and some modifications I done on the machine.
    It is nice to have a machine that never boggs down under power, and does about anything without so much as a strain. The light-footed agility is so smooth that the stick movement feels like you are barely moving your hands. It feels like an extention of your hands. I have never driven anything that fluid.It really shows up when you are navigating around stumps and trees on steep hillsides.
    This machine adds many more years to my ability to hunt, fish,and run swamps.
    I'm kicking 68 and still can get around fairly well. This machine gives me back a lot more years to do what I love to do, and not have to be concerned about those stents and old wobbly legs that are sure to come.Me and my old Ox can go about anywhere I need to go and not worry about getting back.The good part is when I do get back, I'm not sore-footed and all stiff from walking on blisters. I love the lack of pain.

Hi Bubba,
    Thank You for the good report on the Mudd-Ox. Doing things you love to do will keep you feeling well and able for a long time.

Matt

Bubba, I'm thinking about a mudd ox but have some bogs a man can't walk on. Will sink to the crotch and have to crawl out on all fours. Think I could go throught that with tracks?

Mikej, I cross bogs that I would drown in.
    During moose season I was riding on top of my rack. My partner was driving the Ox and doing a poor job of it. He managed to stall out in the middle of Black Water Swamp. He fired back up and easily pulled on out. Black Water is a lake covered in moss and mud. Don't know how deep it is, but not a problem.
    Every bog can be different, so you can experiment, with someone else there to pull you out.
    The MO with tracks will go where you will be afraid to try.

Thanks Bubba, I'm just worried that its too soft for tracks and too stiff to float and will form a suction and the tracks will turn in the muck and the machine won't move. I guess a demo is what I need, but aroung New Orleans there are no dealers of any of that type equipment. Mostly you're in a boat or on pavement.

you might contact Mudbug to see his machine in action as he has a gas one in Lousiana

Quote Originally Posted by mikej View Post
    Thanks Bubba, I'm just worried that its too soft for tracks and too stiff to float and will form a suction and the tracks will turn in the muck and the machine won't move. I guess a demo is what I need, but aroung New Orleans there are no dealers of any of that type equipment. Mostly you're in a boat or on pavement.
    MikeJ, watch the river run videos with Davids tracked mud ox. Swamps, Boggs, no problem, mud no problem, follow the link

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/trail...-atv-park.html

NO GUTS-NO GLORY! I'll just have to try. I have more confidence looking at the videos and from your replies-but nothing really looks like the stuff we have. People have lost (completely sunk out of sight) tracked machinery in this stuff.

These machines have tremendous capability offroad. You can't compare a well equipped amphib to anything other than another amphib. My tracked Bobcat does well to operate in light mud. In a swamp it would sink to China.
    I stuck my Max 2 in river silt once, jumped out to attach the winch cable to a tree on the far bank, and when I did I sank down to the waist, the mud literally pulled my shoes, socks and pants off as I struggled to pull myself out. I luckily recovered my pants, but lost the shoes and socks in the muck. I only had to winch 3 feet or so to keep going though.

Why not contact Mudbug, maybe pay his gas down there from Shreveport, for a demo in this bog.
    To Invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. (Thomas Edison)

+ Reply to Thread