2011 Mud Nationals, Jacksonville, TX; March 23-27

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 2011 Mud Nationals, Jacksonville, TX; March 23-27

Bud

I would recommend getting to the Mud National event in advance early on wensday, and not having to come back there on another day. This way you can beat the crowds that will be pouring into this park all through out the day. Don,t forget , this is the biggest atv event held any where in the US.. This will make it much easier to find each other there and not get separated. We can also all ride out together instead of waiting for others to get there.

I personally have a camper and one of the other guys that comes with us. But, there's usually others coming along staying tents. I've spent a few trips down there in a tent. A camper helps a little for the noise of quads with open pipes running near camp in the middle of the night (assuming were there). Just bring something to put in your ears since there's nothing ear plugs can't fix. There are portable-potties scattered all around and hot showers up front if needed. Tents will be all over this place, you wont be alone!

Hotel, good luck getting a room. I've heard most of them are usually filled up well before its time to ride.

I've talked to Dave about the "quieter" places to camp on the west side of the camping area (less traffic). My crew usually camps near the small pond. It provides great entertainment during meals. It has shallow areas with pot holes on one end and gets deep quick. We've watched many capsize!
    We'd love to have you join us!

Well, I will not be able to make this one. I have to travel up to Idaho that entire week.

If there are other get-togethers in the near future, I would love to make it down.

Bud

These are some pictures of Mud Creek atv park. Our amphib group will be there for the atv mud nationals.

check out the pictures on page 1 and 2

2009_mudcreekreview_pg1

This is what the veiw looks like as you drive to where the ATV Mud National events are being held.

Last edited by mudbug3; 03-19-2011 at 09:09 AM.

Mud Nationals

Tim-MaxII, David-Argo 650 HD, Lee-Argo 650 HD enjoying the mud in East Texas
    Attached Images

That mud ride looks awesome. I wish I could have made it but it was bad timing for me. Tim would have had to bring a set a tracks for my Max II, looks like there is no reason to even think of entering that swamp without some Adair tracks!
    Post pics soon!
    Everybody dies, but not everybody lives.

I had to bow out of Mud Creek due to unforeseen circumstances, I did meet up with the pack at Wildtexasranger's place for the ride 3/26. We didn't hit Mud Creek due to bad reports on mud (not much mud, lots of dust). We did the River Run thing. Conditions there were better although a drought had curtailed some of my favorite swamp area. We had 2 Max 2's, and 4 Argos there, footage to follow. Tim Shafer and Brother in Law Mike was there, Mudbug3, Wildtexasranger, JR aka "The Tick" and myself.

Well, we sure missed seeing all the other amphibs at Nationals. The mud was there, not everywhere like I've seen in the past when it was flooded. But, it was surely an awesome ride. All along the high roads they built are trails and mud pits with plenty of water to get things muddy. Kathy and I were riding anytime we weren't working on stuff. This trip for us had more then normal mechanical issues. At least there was tons of folks watching in awe of our machines as we pushed them to the limits in all the mud. Mud was not short around here. You guys missed a great ride. Despite some dust that covered there area, we surely enjoyed our selves.

It looks like y'all had a great time.

I am sorry that I was not able to make it.

+ Reply to Thread