A 20A voltage regulator upgrade for a 16HP Briggs & Stratton engine

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: A 20A voltage regulator upgrade for a 16HP Briggs & Stratton engine

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    Briggs makes a spacer and pully.. I guess you lose the pull start though. I've slept since I last saw the argo vanguard alternator kit, but that seems the way it was.
    Losing the pull start is OK, a the Bandolero does not have a pull start. This seems like a great upgrade that anyone could do. It would solve plenty of power-related issues, like the use of halogen lighting and spot lighting; the heavy use of a winch; and , most importantly, we would be able to heat the cab easily through the use of a heavy duty UTV cab heater. Do you (or any one else) happen to know the part numbers for the spacer and pully? Uncle Vin

I found the part diagram and part numbers for the stub shaft. I scanned the pages in, but I cannot upload them. I keep getting an error message from this site. But here it is, straight from the Briggs & Stratton web site: Part Number: 841580; Description: SHAFT-STUB; Price: $111.05. It comes with the shaft, a new flywheel screen (with a hole in the center to accept the stub shaft) and the associated mounting hardware. Now all we need is an appropriate sized pully. Anyone? Uncle Vin

+ Reply to Thread