Vintage Projects

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vintage Projects

Vintage Projects

Found this interesting site the other day. Under the Go Cart link there is a homemade 6-Wheeler (only $500 to make). The tranny looks like a dixon ztr setup. Unfortunately last four pages won't load. I thought about contacting them and see if the last four pages are available. Anyway kind of a neat site.

Vintage Projects and Building Plans
    Last edited by gearhead1937; 11-03-2010 at 02:31 PM. Reason: forgot to post the link

Neat machine made out of plywood but it uses a special transmission that probably is not available anymore from the Armour Co. in New York. Not an amphib and I would not want the drive chains on the outside of the body where I drive. Maybe okay on a dirt track or path. I was able to load all the page of the pdf from your link. Try it again. If that does not work, try this link which is the text of the document minus pics and diagrams.

Build your own Atv | www.diyfiles.com

If that does not work, here is another pdf (the same pdf that your link opens, but just from another site)from another link

http://www.green-trust.org/junkyardp...6-WheelATV.pdf

Max 6 Wheel Drive

The homemade 6-wheeler you are referring to is the MI marauder. It IS a transmission setup like the Dixon ZTR. Mine uses a cone drive transmission from a Dixon model 426. They are very easy transmissions to find. The marauder is not an amphib. because the axles penetrate the sidewalls without seals. The drive chains are outside which is a great feature because because it can be geared WAY down and is easy to work on. I've taken mine through cornfields and not derailed a chain. Mine is similar to the marauder, but is watertight.
    Last edited by smyser; 02-23-2011 at 10:47 PM.

Thinking of building one along these line but was dubious about the external chains till I looked under my neighbours John Deere gator and saw that it has chains to the third axle so I figured if it works on that then I'm going to have a go since it would only be used around the farm.

+ Reply to Thread