Attex guy posting in "Argo" area?...

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Attex guy posting in "Argo" area?...

Attex guy posting in "Argo" area?...

I can't help it. Look at this gorgeous beast just across the county from me. Okay, so I'm a two stroke Attex dude, but this doesn't mean I wouldn't trade my Jetta for this puppy. I simply adore the Avengers. They're like the Queen Mary of amphibs. Oh well... maybe someday I'll be lucky enough to add one to my fleet...

Avenger on Ebay...

~m

Mike, that guy lives really close to me. Im surprised I never saw him out when I was riding on the trails out his way. I sent him an email telling him about this site. Everytime I do that, the seller usually writes back something along the lines of, "Wow I didnt know about all this stuff and interest about these machines, what a great site. Maybe I will reconsider selling it!"

"Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Smile RIM/Max iv not a Pig

Dear Hydromike, I am very pleased to hear your kind remarks regarding Argo Avengers. I am well aware that you are a two stroke speed fiend but am also aware that you are a permanent supporter of this sport and and a good guy. You will know that it hurt deeply to hear you describe your RIM as a "PIG". That fine vehicle is a direct forebearer of my Max iv and the Porker comment should be reconsidered.

oink oink...

Oh, Goodness Phillip. Sorry to offend.

It's just that she's so much more HEAVY than the little spry Attexes. It actually has a lot of get-up and go with the near-50-horse engine, and I can't believe how reliable it's been for me so far. I've only had an issue with a T-20 shifter breaking. We had a great all-day ride down in WNY two months ago, and I was exceedingly happy with it. Size is all relative, I s'pose. Even though I like the Avengers as much as I do, I must admit that if the RIM is a pig, the Avenger is a Hippo. It's like taking a Kenworth out on the trails! As I become more exposed to more machines on the trails and on the tracks, I decide that I need a more diverse fleet. With nearly 2 feet (I think that's about 129,000 cm in Canada? I can't do the math well... ) of snow this weekend, I'm thinking that a blade on the RIM would look great. Maybe give the 'ol Kubota break...

~m
    Last edited by hydromike; 12-18-2007 at 10:12 AM. Reason: hit "post quick reply" instead of "go advanced", b/c I'm a dolt.

The Avengers are pigs, as in big, hehe. I should be one to talk. They are bigger than what I want for just playing, but a guy could pack enough stuff for a very long backcountry trip, if he had the country. When Jon Hoath had his maxII, he'd let me drive it and swap into my Response. Once he said, "I feel like I'm in a semi" (truck)
    To Invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. (Thomas Edison)

Smile Pigs Hippos Kenworths and Semi Trucks

Roger, Wont it be great if Jon shows up at rides next year in an 8 wheeler! If he can go from a Max2 to a Frontier.Can an 8 wheeler be far away?
    Mike, i'm gonna quit while i'm ahead, but I love my "Hippo". With a roof on it looks like a portable building. ha ha

Phillip,

You have a ROOF on your avenger now? I'd love to see pictures. Any more mass added to that machine, and you might affect the way the earth spins. (All the weight in one small area-sorta-thing). It'd probably alter the Milankovich Cycles pretty seriously. Regardless how big they are. I want one.

~m

P.S. The Avenger went for only $9100 on ebay. 50% off for a machine with only 175 hrs. I should have traded my Jetta.

Quote Originally Posted by hydromike View Post
    It'd probably alter the Milankovich Cycles pretty seriously.

Smile Avenger with Roof-Canvas Barn

Quote Originally Posted by hydromike View Post
    Phillip,

You have a ROOF on your avenger now? I'd love to see pictures. Any more mass added to that machine, and you might affect the way the earth spins. (All the weight in one small area-sorta-thing). It'd probably alter the Milankovich Cycles pretty seriously. Regardless how big they are. I want one.

~m

P.S. The Avenger went for only $9100 on ebay. 50% off for a machine with only 175 hrs. I should have traded my Jetta.
    OK Mike-My wife showed me how to post a picture of roof on "Hippo". Done
    Enjoy---Did the avatar too!

+ Reply to Thread