25" Goodyear Rawhide III's $52!

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 25" Goodyear Rawhide III's $52!

Quote Originally Posted by boncrshr View Post
    Say it isn't so....hopefully that guy was clueless, because I called bike bandit last week, and also had Discount Tire check, and neither mentioned that....
    Scott, every site that I have checked that carries them said that they're available and nowhere did it mention anything about being discontinued. I think the person from Bike Bandit that said that has no idea what he/she is talking about.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

jp can you get them under a max 2 .
    1999 max 2 18 b&s 22 tires custom . new max iv 23 k 26 i/n tires brown . ht cable promark winch . new toy 1972 attex st400 400ccjlo and she will be bad . ( the frog ) if it don't float with out you getting wet . don't bring it ! R.I.P sage rogers 4 11 09 . you can't fix stuped !!!!! raceone 3 .)

I heard that if you use some good 9" K lock rims that Matt Oxender sells, run the tires at 1 psi, use longer axles that put the tires farther outside of the body, and use some heat to bend the lower body up a little bit, it might be possible, but I would be concerned with them rubbing on the body when driving at higher speeds since the tires expand under acceleration. Just some things to consider.

"Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Leave it to Tory to pull that off. (the max in photo above)

By the way, those rawhide AT's on Matt's wheels came off Jon Hoath's Bigfoot that Tory bought. Those tires on the Bigfoot in the infamous Haspin mud were very impressive.
    To Invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. (Thomas Edison)

YES ITS RUNNING RAWHIDE III'S...READ DESCRIPTION..The Gecko RDLV is based on the Argo Centaur 8x8

ATV Rapid Deployment Logistical Vehicle (RDLV) is used by the Parachute Regiment and Special Forces Brigade of the South African National Defence Force. More than a hundred of these highly mobile vehicle systems are in service as rapid deployment logistical vehicles to transport personnel, equipment and heavy weapon systems from drop and landing zones to firing positions during airborne and special forces operations.Typical modifications include a militarized top structure, weapon mounts, storage space, 12V/24V electrical system, communication harnesses and a strengthened lower structure to conform with air delivery and helicopter lift requirements. The vehicle also provides protection to the vehicle occupants against the detonation of 200g of TNT below any of the wheels.The Gecko's engine is a Daihatsu DM950T, three-cylinder in-line water-cooled turbo charged 950cc diesel engine, with a maximum output of 26kW @ 3,600r/min, 79Nm @ 2,400r/min. Its Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) has integrated dual differentials.Geckos are equipped with a hydrostatic skid steer system with steering wheel. Braking is via foot pedal operated hydraulic disc brakes and hand operated mechanical parking brake. The tyres are Goodyear Rawhide III AT25 x 11.50 – 9 NHS. Provision is made to carry two spare tyres. Inflation is through an electrical compressor with standard pneumatic outlet and tyre inflation hose....IF THERE GOOD ENOUGH FOR THE SPECIAL FORCES BRIGADE THERE GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME!!!! and i'm sure they could afford to buy any tire out there!!!!!even the $125 a piece argo tires
    Attached Images
    Last edited by srg121; 02-10-2008 at 10:22 PM.

Which tire?

You can read alot about tires here.Which one is the best of the three most common tires used on our machines? The rawhide 3, the new argo tire and the 26 inch max tire.Does any one have the measurements of each tire? What about ride quality of each tire?

+ Reply to Thread