New Attex owner

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Attex owner

New Attex owner

Just picked up a 69/70 st300 (I think) that is mostly complete, needs put back together. Is there any mods that should be done to the frame before it's re-installed ? Saw something about a 1.25 axle conversion...

thanks,
    scot

The 1.25" axle conversion is for second generation Attexes and later (1971+). I would beef the frame up a little bit with some additional cross bracing just to be on the safe side because the first generation frames are not as sturdy as the later models. Once you do this, you should be fine.........the frame in my first generation Attex racer with a built Cuyuna 440 held up just fine after some slight reinforcement, so as long as you are just trail riding and aren't jumping it and ripping through a motocross style track at 45+MPH you should be fine.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Exactly as Jpswift stated. Only other things is if you dont have a trailer hitch. Now is the best time to weld a mount on the inside for it to attach too. You probably already have on though. Another cool mod is if the original nut tabs for the bearings flanges are missing, weld some 1/4" bolts to the inside of the frame to replace them. Those tabs are thin sheet metal and rust out and get ruined easily. I would just mount the bearing flange/housing to the frame to make sure your all lined up before you weld them. Other then that I cant think of anything else. Should be good to go. Please post some pictures of your project as it goes along. I love watching project get together and I do love the first generation machines!

+ Reply to Thread