vin/serial #

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: vin/serial #

vin/serial #

Iv'e been told that there is a number stamped on the frame that will tell the year and such. Were is the location of this stamping ?

thanks,
    scot

What machine are you talking about?

I really don't know yet, just got what is thought to be a 69/70 300 model. muffler is on left side above the last wheel, has a baker hill 7000 trans and a jlo 300 engine.

scot

If I remember correctly on my 69 300D it was on the back right side, on the top of the frame rail. Might be very hard to see based on the condition of the frame. It is not a plate or a raised set of numbers. It is a small stamp in the metal.
    Famous last words: I swear honey... I am just going to change the tranny fluid. I won't tear this one apart...

The vin is located there on the top of the c channel frame rails on the 2nd generation machines+ The 1st generation machines outer frame rails are just flat stock and not c channel and not located there. Yours probably originally had a brushed aluminum like metal tab glued to the dash. Most come off and are missing. That only stated the model and vin and not the year. According to the vehicle identification list the st300 was only made '70 and '71. If you have the original salsbury clutch. they stamped a year on the metal tab. It would be the last 2 digits in the year like 71 for example. I believe they are larger then the other model numbers and such that was also stamped.

Larry is right. That was the location on my old superchief. Sorry for the bad data.
    Famous last words: I swear honey... I am just going to change the tranny fluid. I won't tear this one apart...

Quote Originally Posted by patb069 View Post
    Larry is right. That was the location on my old superchief. Sorry for the bad data.
    Not a problem Pat. There are so many different machines and different variations of each machine it is easy to get them mixed it.

+ Reply to Thread