Axle Bearings

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Axle Bearings

Axle Bearings

Any reason these won't work on a 1st gen ? 8 Bearing 6205-2RS 25x52x15 Sealed:Ball Bearings:VXB

thanks,
    scot

Depends on the flange style. Maybe this will help you.

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/attex...-bearings.html

Larry, thanks
    I have the more common non-rounded style bearings. I almost got 1 axle apart tonight, i was able to get the most outer part of the axle off (the part with the wheel drive flange on the end). then was able to press the bearing out of the aluminum housing, after removing the snap ring. So know I have a solid axle thas has the bearing still on and some sort of collar that the seal seals against. Does the collar come off also ? Looks like the solid axle might be bent ? Can the seal collar be purchased ?

thanks,
    scot

Also, is there any reason that I can't make new drive flange axles with the newer bolt pattern on, instead of bolting a adapter to my old axles ?

thanks again,
    scot

The collar comes off. Make sure you press the bearing towards the collar because the axle is 25.4mm one side and 25mm on the other side.

For the seals, you can take the old seals in to napa and they can measure them up and order replacements. It may not hurt to bring the bearing and the axle in to so they could measure that. If your lucky they may be able to just go buy the numbers on the seal if there is any. I took one in once and I think it was near 10 bucks a piece.

For the hubs you can make them. Member Birddog1148 made some and showed what he did. His posting is here, post #87-88 shows the details if you dont want to read through the whole thing.
    http://www.6x6world.com/forums/attex...-st300d-3.html

+ Reply to Thread