Terra Tiger Help

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Terra Tiger Help

Terra Tiger Help

I have a Terra tiger and don't know much about it. I put it up for sale for $1000 and in 6 hours I had 34 E-Mails from people wanting it? What are these things worth? I think I may keep this thing and fix it up. I have had it for about 5 years and haven't done any thing too it. I bought it as a project. I would like to get rid of the stock two-stroke. I have a 97 artic cat 440 94 hp and a polaris 600 126 HP I would like to put one in it. The 600 I had up to 116 Mph on a radar run in my sled. The 440 is stock and the 600 has a lot of mods. The steering on this thing sucks. Could this be one clutch is better than the other or bad setup from the start. Should I go with a trany type setup? Or get new clutches for it? Should I get everything going good in factory form and worry about a engine upgrade later? I do not have very much money for this project, but I have lots of part too work with already.

I would have to say that even if you invest a little money in it you could probably get that back since you already have such a great response for it. (I think I saw your add on craigslist in the Minneapolis area by the way?) Plus you could enjoy it for a while too and at least get to see it run.

Do those have the T20 transmissions?

As for the high HP motors. I'm all for more power but that may be a little overkill I think if it were me I would just try to get the original motor running for now.

There are a few people at the Copper Ridge trail ride this weekend so hopefully after they get back they might be able to give you some more technical advice.

Do you have any pictures?

I dont have any pics right now but I will take some soon and post them. There is no trany in it. It has two clutches. One for left drive and one for right drive. It looks like a very funny set up. It does run. You think the 440 is too much power? Looks like in the pics on here a lot of 6x6s have 440s.
    Is the terra tiger 10 a descent 6x6 or not?

hello bogger there is a terra tiger for sale on route 6x6 for $500 you might have all the parts you need here

Quote Originally Posted by Bogger333333 View Post
    I dont have any pics right now but I will take some soon and post them. There is no trany in it. It has two clutches. One for left drive and one for right drive. It looks like a very funny set up. It does run. You think the 440 is too much power? Looks like in the pics on here a lot of 6x6s have 440s.
    Is the terra tiger 10 a descent 6x6 or not?
    Bogger, I was just teasing you about the Polaris 600. As for the Terra Tiger, I have never even seen one other than pictures. I'll let someone else chime in.

Here is some pics you asked for.
    Attached Images

Don't change a thing. You have quite a nice TT. Get it running, work out the bugs and enjoy it. If it doesn't meet your needs, sell it and buy something else that will. If you need speed, buy an Attex, if you need to go anywhere, buy a Max Or an Argo. Expect to pay a premium on a good machine.

What would mine be worth? What is a attex worth? Is there any store or any where they take trades on 6x6s? A trade would be better than using the body I have and change to a trany style and different engine?

Bogger, thanks for the pics. That is a good looking machine. I can't help you put a price on it but if you are wanting a different machine, I would just try to sell that one privately and then use those funds to buy something else.

As for the Attex prices, that really depends on what you are looking for and what kind of condition you expect the body to be in. Perhaps some of the Attex experts on here could give you a price range to expect.

Did you see Don's machine here in the classifieds?

Also, I don't know of any stores that take trades on 6x6s since most of these machines are no longer made. But I guess it is possible that if you want a Max or Argo, one of their dealers may take a trade. But from your posts it sounds like you want something faster than a Max or Argo.

Last but not least, I would try adjusting the clutches or cables and see if you can get it to steer better if that's the only thing holding you back?

I saw a couple really nice Terra Tigers on ebay go for up to $2000. You could get a nice Attex for that much. I think that your Tiger is really nice! It looks to be in great condition. You dont see many like that. As Mike mentioned the price on Attexs can really vary, depending on condition, who you purchase it from, etc etc. I have picked up Attexs for $50-$150 from back woods kind of folks that had them laying around, but they were in need of a total restoration. Try Craigslist, ebay, ask people in your town about where any might be sitting around, check ebay, take a look at Don's machine.......it looks really nice for a good price too. Good luck with your search, and maybe you'll get a really good deal on a machine and be able to keep the Terra Tiger and start a 6x6 collection!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

+ Reply to Thread