What did I buy ?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What did I buy ?

What did I buy ?

Well jost got back from purchasing 2 attex'x from a guy on craigs list. One in what seems like very good shape and a not so good parts ? one.

1st is the nice one, it has a t-20 trans and a chaparral g50b engine. Runs, moves, needs throttle cable

The second is a 400 chief (superchief ?) has a body band, roll bar, and a jlo twin and a t-20 trans.

any idea on what the first is and year ?

thanks,
    scot
    Last edited by 4g63tmirage; 01-23-2011 at 09:28 PM.

the first is a superchief. (you can find the serial # for both in the circled are in the attached pic... first 2 #'s indicate the year... you may need to sand the frame/ paint/ rust/ grease to see the #). i can tell you that machine #1 is not a '76.

where are you located?
    Attached Images
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

ok, looks like it is a 1977 supercheif, the other I will have to get later. I live in Red Lion, PA

thanks,
    scot

That first one is a 1977 or newer Superchief, which was one of the fastest AATVs that Attex made. The other one which you said is a Chief, would have an ABS body, a JLO 400, a different grille that is black with ridges molded in it, and a stripe going down the side of the body.......also the T-20 will have a disc brake on each side of it.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

OK, just got back from picking up the 400 cheif , and here she is. A little work is needed..

scot

looks like the roll-bar is on backwards
    "Ooo, neckties.....contracts.....HIGH VOLTAGE!!"

the chief needs some TLC, but I've seen a lot worse.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

The body looks really nice on the Chief. Just clean all the dirt and grime off it, and a little bit at a time, get a clean rag and dip some acetone on it and wipe the body. The oxidation will instantly disappear! Then take some fine 500 grit sandpaper and wet sand it.......jump up to some 1000 git and wet sand it once more. Then wax it and that thing will shine better than new!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Quote Originally Posted by Air Bud View Post
    looks like the roll-bar is on backwards
    Yes it is, not bolted down......

scot

Just curious what the green attex body is. Previous project? Body came with these machines?? Inquiring minds want to know
    Attex 295 Wild Wolf: My Runner
    Attex 252? Colt? Racer 80%: My Racer to be..... SOMEDAY
    Attex Super Chief - Sold.

+ Reply to Thread