Busco Beach in NC April 15-17, 2011

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15

Thread: Busco Beach in NC April 15-17, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by whipper-ag View Post
    Those Hustlers are lookin good.
    Thanks Whip'! I was real happy with how mine did over the course of the weekend. I must admit that I suffered a bit of Bigfoot envy when Brian's 980 went thundering by, throwing giant clods of mud, or when Bud rattled by in the BFD, going twice my speed. I actually liked the slow, steady D9-style chug of mine though. It would be able to do a lot more with more tire speed in some of the more vertical terrain and thicker mud, but I'm living with it for now.

Quote Originally Posted by whipper-ag View Post
    No tracks?
    pffft!

Quote Originally Posted by Model Citizen View Post
    Let's hear it for the ladies. Did they put on a show, or what?
    They were all fearless all weekend. GeoJem finally got a good feeling for driving Big 5 around, and she seems to like the big green pig just fine. What I HAVEN'T seen yet, is Racerone3'sgirl attempting to launch a Max II into the stratosphere with her new engine. It looked like a scene out of Ashtabula!
    Last edited by hydromike; 05-17-2011 at 10:04 AM.

Oh but she did....and did it the hard way! I only heard of this infumious feat. I was on scene when it occured but was at the the rear of the pack and was hoping that it was captured on the camera by someone but it is yet to surface. It was the talk of the town for a while. Beth or Brian may want to elaberate on the event. I heard it was great....even some rear wheel trick riding after the launch from what i heard, and i don't think it was a rumor.

Troutman, North Carolina, United States, 111622645520387, Troutman, North Carolina
    Aaahh...I think the rumors may be better than the real story here so....let 'em fly!

Truth be told, the darn Max II just doesn't walk too well on the back wheels. I didn't see it but it just didn't feel like "10" to me. I think I just didn't stick the landing all that well.
    Max II Girls...The Best in the World!

Quote Originally Posted by racerone3sgirl View Post
    ...I didn't see it but it just didn't feel like "10" to me...
    I don't know, I was way front of you but happened to look back at just the right time while you were mid flight and it looked pretty close to a 10 to me. Doesn't Brian have that recorded on his rear facing camera? Come on racerone3, get on that.
    Last edited by Mike; 05-17-2011 at 09:53 PM. Reason: corrected southern slang

Yes Race, please check back through your footage and see if you caught that. That would make a great pic for the Air Bud Wall.

Quote Originally Posted by racerone3sgirl View Post
    Aaahh...I think the rumors may be better than the real story here so....let 'em fly!

Truth be told, the darn Max II just doesn't walk too well on the back wheels. I didn't see it but it just didn't feel like "10" to me. I think I just didn't stick the landing all that well.
    Pleeease, You have to tell us what happened, Beth. Did you get yourself airbound or do some kind of ultimate wheelie? ( Which would be equally awesome).
    One thing I could tell.... a lot of you were loving some newly acquired horsepower. It's a wonderful thing.

Bridget

Awesome video loved every min of cant wait for the next one
    What where the brand of tires on that Hustler at the start of video
    coming down the hill man lookes like they could dig to china lol
    Again great video

Quote Originally Posted by Mudmouse View Post
    What where the brand of tires on that Hustler at the start of video coming down the hill man lookes like they could dig to china....
    Those are Kenda Executioners. 27x12-12 sized.... I love 'em. They swim pretty slowly, but they're a lot of fun in all sorts of terrain.

Mike, Awesome videos, thank you for posting them. I spent the better portion of the ride leading the group so I missed out on a lot of the antics that went on back in the pack.

I have about 23 hours of "Pimpfoot Cam" footage to go through. all my free time has been spent on the Tank and I haven't messed with them. I did watch enough last night to find that I don't have a good shot of Beth's attempt at inverted aerial maneuvers. I was too far away and on the downhill side. I did a photo capture from the video and zoomed it in. it is really grainy. I think this is on the 2nd bounce (fo about 6... 3 on the rear wheels and 3 on the front) . She learned a valuable lesson in when not to grab a fistful of throttle beth air 2 copy.jpg Don may have had some footage of "the incident" as well

Whipper, thanks for the bigfoots comment. Like Mike, I'm thrilled with mine. The horsepower infusion certainly helped. Being able to get the huge tires spinning enough to shed some mud was exactly what the big girl needed. Now if I could find a way to get rid of the hump, I don't think I would have any complaints with the machine
    Last edited by racerone3; 05-18-2011 at 08:10 PM.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Beth did an ultimate wheelie. When you get the front up that high all you see is sky. So you have to keep your composure & hold the sticks forward & not let off the gas, which might account for a Bronco Billy landing. It's a creepy feeling. But she now has another memory (intended or not) that some of you guys can aspire to. I'm smiling all over the place.

Bridget

+ Reply to Thread