Got my first hustler 950

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Got my first hustler 950

Got my first hustler 950

THESE THINGS ARE BADASS , BUT I HAVE SOME PROBLEMS DONT NO WHAT THE SHIFTER PATTERN IS CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME OUT PLEASE.

Post some pics if you could. All the way down is forward, half way up is neutral, and all the way up is reverse. You'll love the Hustler, they're really great machines!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

West Central Louisiana near Toledo Bend Reservoir
    Congrats on your new ride Shane, several of us here have them. Give us a breakdown of the machines features, such as tires , engine, and such.

Merry Christmas!

need somebody to call me 217-823-0346 or give me a number to call you about my problem with the hustler please want to ride christmas.

Post up more information on the site here......you'll get lots of responses. Add some pictures and mention a specific issue you're having and we'll do our absolute best to help get you up and riding!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

i got pictures in the hustler gallery look at the tranny the plugers are wait about ahalf an inch

Very nice machine! That's a mid 1980's model 950 since it has the Briggs flat twin I/C engine in it. I saw this for sale on Craigslist. Welcome aboard, and we look forward to helping you out. It looks like you've got a Max II project in the background too.

Try posting a new thread in the transmission section of the site about the issue you're having. Those plungers look like they're out too far, possibly because the bands are worn, or the transmission is out of adjustment. If I were you I'd take the transmission out, take it apart, and inspect it. This way you could replace any faulty parts and put some new gaskets in it so you wouldn't have to worry about it down the road. For transmission parts you can get them directly from Recreatives. Amphibious Six-Wheel Drive All-Terrain Vehicles: MaxATVs - Call 1-800-255-2511

Here are some how to articles about the transmission:
    http://www.6x6world.com/forums/conte...build-how.html

I talked to Shane on the phone today. he's having major trany issues. with the trans shifted into forward, one side goes forward, and one goes in reverse. I've heard that this can happen if bands are installed in the wrong order. I advised him to stop running it and get the T-20 torn down. I've also heard that on the very new t-20's, the bands are a bit shorter and the plunger bodies are longer... wondering if the issues with the plungers sticking out so far is a result of having long plungers with long bands?? if anyone has any other Ideas for him, please post them up
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by racerone3 View Post
    with the trans shifted into forward, one side goes forward, and one goes in reverse
    One long shot guess on this problem. If the transmission has been apart and had the diamond shifters installed on the wrong side, the shift collars could be stuck in those positions because the shifter pins aren't hitting the grooves in the shift collars at all. If that is the case, regardless of whether it is in forward or reverse, it would act the same way. When it is shifted, does anything change?

West Central Louisiana near Toledo Bend Reservoir
    I spoke with Shane last night , and he said he really wanted to ride it today, and that he had a spare tranny in a max II, and wanted to know if he could swap them. I told him he could definitely do that. He assured me that as soon as he could get to it(Santa was at his house early) he would be changing them around. Hopefully he will get to ride today! The opposing direction thing sounds like what happens when someone a diamond on the wrong side. But IDK... Maybe the po had a bad one, and not knowing better put one for the other side in At least this way he can be riding while he tears it down!

+ Reply to Thread