Auxiliary transmission for Max T20

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Auxiliary transmission for Max T20

Wonder what it would cost to have someone build this?

well if this is for a max-II using sprocket's and chain? I can mock one up using my max-II as a guide but the question is do you want to still use the original belt and whether or not you want to use gears or sprocket's and chain.
    Also if you want a lever or shifting cable or solenoid to activate between HI/LO.

With out that info it would be hard to give an estimate.

I would go chains and sprockets, driven clutch now mounted on T20 would be mounted on input shaft, lever would be fine for shifting.

West Central Louisiana near Toledo Bend Reservoir
    Quote Originally Posted by greg pinson View Post
    FREQ42,That is really cool. Exceptionally simple. RI should look at this and put it in production. Harley Davidson type motorcycle transmissions are either 1:1 or a small overdrive around .87:1 in high. 1st gear is 2.94:1 or 3.24:1. I wonder how much it would cost to have a machine shop build this?

Brushcutter, you would have to still run it through the T20 for steering and braking.
    After thinking about it, I realized this, otherwise you would have to have one for each side.

I think this could be built in just a couple of hours, once you had all the components gathered up. What will take a lot of time is fabbing up the mount to the machine, frame out ya' know. I wonder if it would sit on my transmission bracing, which wouldn't require the frame to be pulled.

I'll do some looking after work this evening.

Well I went out today and took sum measurement's and quickly found a problem,
    1, I have a OH180 motor but don't know what motor you have?
    2, My exhaust is small and out of the way but don't know about yours?
    3, If we reuse the original belt it will effect where the input and out put shaft placement will be do to the other two problems, a shorter or longer belt may be required.

I'm not trying to ball-out and I do want to help in any way I can but without sum pictures of the area and more information on your setup I'm afraid I'm building this to fit only my unique machine and may be a night-mare If you tried to install in into yours.

I understand. I'll do some measuring and see what I can come up with. When I have some info I will post it here.

+ Reply to Thread