Hustler 980 BIGFOOT

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Hustler 980 BIGFOOT

Hustler 980 BIGFOOT

I just got home late last night with my Hustler 980 BIGFOOT. I drove down to just outside of Montgomery, Alabama to get it and I am very happy with it. Only one tire is in rough shape with cracks, all others are really nice, one is brand new. The lower body is in great shape and water tight, the frame is really nice, the engine is excellent and the oil is very nice in it and not burnt. The T-20 works as it should and the fluid when drained was nice and red without any junk in it. I am going to do plunger seals and case gaskets because it does leak a little bit. Someone replaced the back four inner and outter bearings, but didnt get to the front two. It has an Optima red top battery in it. The vinyl seats were not there, probably because they were rotted. Other than 4 bearings, chains, and seats, and maybe a new tire down the road, the machine is much better than I expected and it will be ready to go very soon. The thing is a monster and it barely fit in the back of my Dodge Dakota with all the tires off. It stuck out the back about a foot past the tailgate, and it made the truck squat down in the back a good bit even with helper leaf springs installed. I would guess that it weighs nearly 1000 lbs. The frame is super thick reinforced steel and each 26" tire and wheel weight about 50lbs. It hasnt been messed with and "modified" by a townie mechanic such as Tard Hand. Some machines people really hack up, for example, installing 8 track players in the dash, making a roll bar out of shopping cart tubing, putting the completely wrong engine in it and then cutting up the body to make it fit, etc etc. Pics will be up soon!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

I'm glad it turned out to be even better than expected. Sounds like it was worth the trip and at least Tard Hand didn't get ahold of it before you. I can't wait to see some pictures of it.

No Tard Hands got a hold of it fortunately, but I guess someone tried to buy it after I paid the guy via Paypal for it. Im glad the guy I bought it from was honest and didnt take that other offer. Its nice to deal with honest folks.
    Last edited by jpswift1; 10-13-2007 at 01:00 AM.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Here are some pictures of the beast.....more to come.
    Attached Images

Looking good.

good thing tard hand wasn't around He would have put a blown 454 in it but cut holes in the hull to let the air flow in.

JP, that thing is a monster! It's a very imposing machine when you see it next to the normal-sized Max II. What engine's in it now, and are you going to keep the stocker in it?

BTW, You makin' funna my eight-track?

Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Jeff, that thing IS huge! It looks mean.

That thing looks saweet.

Looks Great, I've always liked the hustler bodies, it reminds me of a corvette,it looks fast.

+ Reply to Thread