Hustler 980 BIGFOOT

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Hustler 980 BIGFOOT

SNOW!!!

Well if you think that that will make you want to go and take a warm bath, check out one of the blizzards that we had not to long ago. To bad i didn't have my 6x6 back then. The drift that goes over the fence was about 3-4 feet deep. The big mound of snow with the cave in it is about 7-8 feet tall.
    Attached Images

what

what is that stuff
    soap,flower,sugar,dandruff !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Glad Im in the south.

Quote Originally Posted by Meinfield View Post
    Jeff,
    That's one mean looking hustler, bet you need a step ladder to get in...
    Chris, I was going to ask you the same thing about how you get into your BIGFOOT. I have to stand on the front tire and jump in.....its a tall rig. I am still getting used to driving such a tall machine and one that is so large, so I havent really taken through the extreme terrain that I take my smaller rigs through (hills and steep angled embankments). I do have to admit that it does feel quite a bit different than driving my Max IV did. I think thats because the Max IV had such a higher center of gravity with the engine mounted up so high above the transmission, and in a Max IV you sit directly over the front wheels where in the Hustler you sit more toward the middle wheels. My Max IV was great in the water, Im excited to see what the BIGFOOT will be like. Im sure that it has a very high freeboard distance when in the water. (the distance of hull that sits above the waterline). I was going to take it in Lake Erie last summer, but Im glad I didnt since I was having carb issues before. Now that I have that new carb on there and I have a chance to get all of the fine adjustments made, I will definetley be taking it swimming as soon as the weather gets warmer.......which unfortunately in Western New York is still quite a long while.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Not an easy machine to get in. It is nice to be so high up off the trail, though. Let us know when you get that beast in the water! My 980 rides fairly high out of the water and becomes a bit unstable if the wheels are not turning, but I do not have to worry about the rear end taking on water when exiting a steep bank.

Just stumbled across your old build thread Jpswift. Its the first time I have seen it. Great job! Its really cool to read the thread after seeing what your machine turned out to be.
    HUSTLER 980 NOS BUILD
    HUSTLER 980 TRAIL MACHINE
    HUSTLER 950 PARTS MACHINE [

IMG]http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww81/highrollinmopars/2012-06-04_07-13-01_284.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks for the kind words! I bought my Hustler and all I had to go on were a few pictures. When I got there to pick it up, I was surprised it was so complete and it had lots of potential. Everything was pretty much good on it besides one case half of the T-20 and driven clutch. I got very lucky, and I was VERY happy that everything came apart so easily as well.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

+ Reply to Thread