If you could design your own tire...

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: If you could design your own tire...

Interesting findings so far brushcutter. I've not done anything with modding tires yet. I'm having a terrible time finding opportunities to work on other issues so tire modding has been bumped out pretty far. I'm still very interested and diggin that you're trying.

Why don't you try a linoleum knife on the treads. It should be robust enough to do the job on the treads. I was also thinking that the blade of a wood planer might also be worth a look, It would seem that a two handled draw-knife type of tool would work as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jpswift1 View Post
    Just like the Super Swamper Vampire ASX.

The Super Swamper Vampire ASX is my perfect tire. I've tried many tires and I've found that it's the best all around tire for our machines. As far as the swimming ability goes, it swims great on my Hustler 980 BIGFOOT, but it doesn't seem to swim as great on a Max IV or taller tub Hustler 980 BIGFOOTs. I just wish it was available in different sizes, since the smaller machines can't clear 26's like larger machines can.
    Exactly. The ASX is the finest ATV tire I've ever used/seen used on other machines. The downfall is that it only comes in 26". Also, its in short supply right now. I contacted Interco directly and they got me a set of six recently. If you need them, I suggest you go to their website and hit the "contact us" icon and tell them what you want. They were around $112 w/ shipping. For smaller machines, the regular Vampire tire is available in both 22" and 25". Its a much more aggressive tire, but no side cleats for dig out, so you have to be careful not to spin them too quickly or they will dig you into the ground quickly. The Rawhide 3 is still out there in dwindling numbers in both 22" and 25" but I really dislike them for anything other than running tracks.
    As for Terra tires, I have the set I took off my Swamp Fox, on a yard trailer. The trailer sits with a load of firewood on it, and thats about all the Terras are good for. As for the Argo tires, they may work for alot of people, but the gumbo down here in Texas gums them up too quickly. For regular mud and swimming they no doubt work good enough.
    The question however is what the best tire is, its gotta be the ASX. It muds, it swims, cost is about average

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Woods View Post
    Exactly. The ASX is the finest ATV tire I've ever used/seen used on other machines. The downfall is that it only comes in 26".

As for Terra tires, I have the set I took off my Swamp Fox, on a yard trailer. The trailer sits with a load of firewood on it, and thats about all the Terras are good for.

As for the Argo tires, they may work for alot of people, but the gumbo down here in Texas gums them up too quickly. For regular mud and swimming they no doubt work good enough.

The question however is what the best tire is, its gotta be the ASX. It muds, it swims, cost is about average
    Very well said Noel.......I couldn't agree more!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Quote Originally Posted by cclingma View Post
    I pictured a air hammer with a bit about three inches wide, slighty curved, and fairly sharp. I've never done anything quite like that though so I'm just guessing.
    Tire groovers...you can pick them up pretty cheap on ebay...I've never used one though.

+ Reply to Thread