Custom Exhaust

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom Exhaust

Custom Exhaust

What is our mat'l of choice for fabricating an exhaust system for say,a 23hp Kohler. Thanks

Joe.

Joe, here is a post on what I used on Jennifer's Briggs' exhaust with some links to where I purchased pieces: http://www.6x6world.com/forums/max-a...html#post50025

Thanks Mike, thats the type of info I was looking for. Probably wouldn't hurt to be a little more specific when posing a question though. Also need to "hone" my skills of using the search function. Thanks again.

Joe.

So the tubing is basicly 1.25" O.D., 16 GA., 300 series stainless steel? Thanks.

Joe.

I used the 16 GA. mild steel. 1.25" O.D. from the engine into a 2 into 1 collector. Then 1.75" from there on out.

Ihttp://www.robertsonstorquetubes.com/

Joe here is one of the sources i used. They actually have a twin cylinder vangard pipe prefabed system for horizontal and vertical engines.

Kart Pipes - Briggs 10HP Go Kart Pipes
    Here is a picture of their set up.

Hope this helps and they are very easy to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I used the 16 GA. mild steel. 1.25" O.D. from the engine into a 2 into 1 collector. Then 1.75" from there on out.
    Thanks Mike, so you bent the 1.25" yourself?

Joe

Thanks Lewis, thats more of what I'm looking for. I like the short sections, would think it gives more options of routing.

Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMeg View Post
    Thanks Lewis, thats more of what I'm looking for. I like the short sections, would think it gives more options of routing.

Joe.
    Correct, i wish i would have found them first for my engine exhaust.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMeg View Post
    Thanks Mike, so you bent the 1.25" yourself?

Joe
    No, I bought the pieces pre-bent, and then cut them to get the routing I need and then tacked and welded them. I have a post somewhere telling what I did.

Here it is: http://www.6x6world.com/forums/max-a...html#post50025

+ Reply to Thread