Custom Exhaust

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom Exhaust

Thanks Lewis, we are both ok. I got some bruised up ribs from slamming the door at begin rollover impact. Laurie was on the "arc" side and bumped her head pretty good when the car came down on the roof. Once that thing got over it took off likin to never stop!Very fortunate not to have struck anything major,1 mailbox and 1 realators sign. I'll surly be consulting Mike for Attex rollcage construction

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMeg View Post
    Thanks Lewis, we are both ok. I got some bruised up ribs from slamming the door at begin rollover impact. Laurie was on the "arc" side and bumped her head pretty good when the car came down on the roof. Once that thing got over it took off likin to never stop!Very fortunate not to have struck anything major,1 mailbox and 1 realators sign. I'll surly be consulting Mike for Attex rollcage construction

Joe
    Glad to hear everyone is OK, Joe. That certainly could have ended up a lot worse. And yes, consult Hydromike about roll cage construction.......he does good work. I put his cages to the test a few times!

"Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Time to bump this thread. Hey JP rumor has it the Kohler is going in the SSF,cool. I ordered some items from accessories page of the site Lewis listed in post #6 of this thd. Called and talked to Rex,super nice guy. He makes all the pipes "as needed" regardless if they are std. 45 or 90 deg, with or without staged up end(s),etc.,etc. So he can pretty much give you what you want/need(w/i mech. limits) when ordering. Also,he has sized his inventory so that one size slips into the next size up/down w/o staging. Just more options. I'm still at a loss for a nice muffler/spark arrester. The new are very expensive and the inexpensive ones avail are trashed. I ordered 2 of the RLV mufflers,Rex recomended the "open" one. He said it will flow better.Idk if these are the type I saw on one of Whippers machines or not but if they are similar I don't think it will be too loud. My contingency plan for that is to try to "create" an area that can easily be modified to accept 2 of those nice spring joints (again,somewhat tailorable) into one of his collectors and then into something hopefully not too painfully expensive lol. I'll just buy an extra set of ends in the spring joints so I can quickly change the two systems.

The open RLV's will be plenty loud! That's what I have on my racer... nice rumble for the track, not so nice for the trails. I wish I had a great recommendation for you, but alas I don't. I just put a Supertrapp "Disk Only" on my Hustler and it is about as loud as the RLV setup
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Do ya think the non-open type would be any quieter?

Joe.

not really. they are just a 2" tube with perforated disks in the end. the "Open" ones just have 2 less disks. The others might not be quite as loud, but I doubt you could notice the difference
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Krap, even those ugly factory "pepper pots" are like $130/pr. new. But I quess they would be somewhat efficient?

Joe.

Have y'all considered using 4 wheeler mufflers? You could probably get a used stock pipe off of ebay, as stock 4 wheeler pipes have good noise reduction. Might be just what you need, but then again might not work at all. Just a thought
    1983 Hustler 945-HK 627cc Vanguard
    1982 GMC K-10 Sierra Classic Suburban 6.2 Diesel
    2010 Chevy Silverado 1500
    1974 Honda ATC 70
    1986 Honda ATC 250ES Big Red

There is no Z in Diesel!!

I know,I know,I just said they're ugly and still think they are but google "Kohler 45 068 01 muffler" and see what ya think as far as cost vs looking the other way when folks mention your exhaust system,lol.

Joe.

I'm gonna try to put a pic in this post. If it works its a pic from the Ledges in 2008. I believe this is member Joe H. Boy,I can really choose the backdrops can't I. George or anyone else,I can give some photography pointers at Ashtabula if you's would like,lol. Anyhow,posted the pic to show the muffler on his system. Wonder what that is? Looks a lot better than a pepperpot.

Joe

+ Reply to Thread