Custom Exhaust

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Custom Exhaust

Yeah,nice job.I'm sure it sounds great!

Joe.

I am really happy with the way it turned out and sounds. The links in the thread made it really easy to find the parts to build it. Everyone at the shop thinks it sounds like a Harley. It feels crisper in the throttle and kind of drones like a tank when you drive it around. It has a low LOUD exhaust note to it. Definately a sport exhaust system. My wife hates it. I will be giving it a shake down run next weekend at the Badlands ride. I think I will need to bring ear plugs for the whiney passengers.

Keith.

ADAIR TRACKS, WITHOUT 'EM YOUR JUST SPINNING YOUR WHEELS
    REMEMBER KIDS, THE FIRST "A" in AATV STANDS FOR AMPHIBIOUS

Keith

Can you shoot a video of how your new custom exhaust sounds while getting on the gas and also under load too? I love the way it turned out.

Quote Originally Posted by mudbug3 View Post
    Keith

Can you shoot a video of how your new custom exhaust sounds while getting on the gas and also under load too? I love the way it turned out.
    Thanks, I was surprised how few welds it needed. I will see if Jason will help me get some video tomorrow. I left the muffler as a bolt on unit. If the wife continues to complain I was going to try the SuperTrapp 446-2010 silencer. It also has the advantage of being a spark arrestor but does cost 3-4 times the amount but will be quieter I know.

Keith.

Keith.

Here is a short clip with audio of the engine at idle with the new exhaust.

If I can get Jason away from the XBox I will have him help me get a few more shots under load and such.

Keith.

As promised exhaust video under load with audio.

Note: No Dogs or Horses were harmed in the making of this video.

Keith.
    Last edited by kghills; 09-09-2012 at 01:48 PM.

It sounds as good as it looks.

Keith

That exhaust system you built sounds awesome!! Two big thumbs up! :

That sounds great! I might have to do something like this on my Kohler Command in my Super Swamp Fox.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    It sounds as good as it looks.
    Quote Originally Posted by mudbug3 View Post
    Keith

That exhaust system you built sounds awesome!! Two big thumbs up! :
    Thanks guys. My rattle can paint job looks to be holding up incredibly well. Not a bit of discoloration after more than an hour of running. The wife went for a ride today (with hearing protection) and said it would be OK. She also noticed that there was far less heat coming from the engine compartment than with the stock exhaust. It seems to blow more heat out the exhaust and doesen't radiate heat like the stock muffler. Jason says it sounds like a monster truck. I find it is more fun to drive because you sort of get in sync with what the engine is doing. Now I need to figure out how to get the primary clutch to engage a little sooner. I have the engine shimmed up pretty good but the clutch is just a tad slow. My Hustler engages just off idle. I would love to get the Max to do the same thing. I love to crawl around at low RPM's with the tracks and the Kohler in the Max seems to have a ton of torque and never seems to miss a beat. Just need to optimize it a bit more.

Next stop the Badlands ride. That should be a good test.

Quote Originally Posted by jpswift1 View Post
    That sounds great! I might have to do something like this on my Kohler Command in my Super Swamp Fox.
    When I looked for examples on the site there were not a lot of Kohlers with performance exhaust mods. I know the Bandos are popular but in the machines I have owned nothing seems to pull down low like the bigger Kohlers. If you have the room I bet you would perk that old Fox right up.

Keith.

+ Reply to Thread