Heater install on a Conquest

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Heater install on a Conquest

Heater install on a Conquest

Hello I am new to the forum , recently bought a nice 2003 Conquest and plan to use it mostly for ice fishing on simcoe and g-bay and was just hoping someone may have installed a heater in a Conquest with a 620 Kawasaki, I have no problem with the heater core , just where to plumb in the hoses to the engine, any ideas and pics would be great.

If you have an enclosure on your Conquest, I wouldn't install a heater. Its not needed. Plenty of heat is thrown off that engine if you have a soft or hard top. I know that doesn't answer your ? Just my 2 cents.

Thanks for the thought , I will be trying out on the ice in the next week or so , should be about -8 c or 18f and will see how warm we stay , but some days we get out at -18 c or -5f and that will be the true test , Oh Canada true north strong and free and very frosty.

Quote Originally Posted by Argo The Viking View Post
    Thanks for the thought , I will be trying out on the ice in the next week or so , should be about -8 c or 18f and will see how warm we stay , but some days we get out at -18 c or -5f and that will be the true test , Oh Canada true north strong and free and very frosty.
    we went "argoing" with members of the French-Canadian forum and not only I was in the only MAX, I was also in the only topless AATV... in a -15c sunny day. So while the other guys/families were tossing the winter coats, tuques and riding with open windows/doors, we were freezing in the wind...

None of them had any heater; just the engine heat. if it's not enough, just get a cheap surplus 12v computer fan and install it in the firewall to push the heat from the engine bay to the cockpit.

pictures by Martwell taken from Sentier 6x6 - Accueil

Last edited by smog; 01-06-2011 at 10:00 AM. Reason: various typo and added photo credits
    2008 MAX-IV 500T 30hp Bandolero

I made a trip a few weeks ago, and posted a story about it here. Titled it "Most awesome weekend" or something. Temps were about -20 and dipped to -25 at night. No heater in my Conquest, and just had a tarp thrown over a willow frame for a top. My 3yr old daughter chucked her boots out, 'cause she got to hot.lol

hi guys, will be pickin up the new plow soon. anyone ever use the block heater AC sells?

Silver ITP steel wheels
    K&N air filter
    Dynajet kit 145 front/148 rear
    ATV Heaters
    2" air intake snorkel
    1 1/2" CVT intake & 1 1/2" CVT output snorkels
    Ben-Made radiator relocation to front rack
    Suzuki Samurai electric radiator fan
    Dynatek Ignition Plug-in module

Missing a couple wheels ain't ya? UYou ain't from around here now are ya!

+ Reply to Thread