Any 6x6'ers from Long Island, NY in this forum?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any 6x6'ers from Long Island, NY in this forum?

Any 6x6'ers from Long Island, NY in this forum?

Greetings all:

Just getting aquainted here at the 6x6 forum, I am brand new here... Just picked up a 99' MAX II in very good condition 2 days ago... However my love affair with the new 6x6 got blindsided by the realization that i am in densely suburban, Long Island NY (Suffolk) & my options & locations to enjoy this fine machine are slim pickings, in fact I can think of any! - Anyone here from the area that can enlighten me as to where a man & his max might find some adventure?

SC

Hey SC,

East Northport here. There are two other guys on the site from the Island.

You can get on the roads during a snow emergency. Otherwise, you'll have to just bring your Max to some rides (upstate, PA, NC etc.). I know of no places to ride here legally.

You can ride on the lake at Lake George but you'll need a registration to do that. They have a big party there every weekend in Feb.
    Banned

George,

Nice meeting you!, yes i didnt think there were any areas on LI to 6x6 so you share my frustration.. Wish i knew someone with land somewhere, until then i will have to reserve my rides to snow-in's & maybe some local creeks..
    I will look into that Lake George affair, is that a 6x6 shindig?

SC

It's mostly quads and snowmobiles. I was one of two AATVers there last year. The year before there were about 6 of us from this site. I'm not sure I'll be going this year. I have some engine rebuilding to do and I was thinking about making that my focus this Feb.

I'll PM you if I get any leads on NY rides. I've never been to any kind of ride on the Island.
    Banned

as george can tell you, i have access to quite a bit of private land here at my homestead. i live in a little town just west of Stewart Int'l airport. if you have a way to trailer your machine up here ( about 90 mins. driving time ) you're welcome to come up and ride.

+ Reply to Thread