Pass Par Touts

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Pass Par Touts

Quote Originally Posted by Joe M View Post
    Lewis,
    Here's the cover of the Brochure. It was meant for commercial use.

Thanks Joe. Nevere saw one of these before you posted up and they look very different. Can't wait to see your finished product.

Hey Guys!

I'd like to introduce myself as a new Passe Par Tout owner in Colorado. My name is Mike and I'm absolutely in love with the PPT I picked up from soutthpaw over the weekend. A huge smile came across my face as soon as I saw it in action and it's never left.

The PPT is in excellent shape and I've been in contact with Bob Cantin. I've asked a few technical questions and he informs me that he has two very large filing cabinets filled with engineering schematics and drawing of the PPT. I asked for the owner's manual and he sent me the following 7 pages out of the book. I think they are an excellent reference so I am posting them here. If anyone else has ANY documentation on these awesome crafts, please let me know!

My PPT came with a Kohler 321 14hp powerplant. I've consulted with Bob and he told me that later in '75 they replaced that with a 16hp Kohler 341 and eventually went with an Onan Twin. If anyone knows where I can find a 341 for sale or an Onan let me know. He admits that the 14hp is underpowered. I had planned on rebuilding it but now think it may be a waste to put any money in to a 14hp. He said that the 341 would be a direct bolt in, and didn't go in to what modifications I would have to make to put an Onan in. I am trying not to be a pest, so am limiting myself on the e-mails I send to him!

Anyway.. here are the owner's manual pages that he sent me. They contain detailed procedures in adjusting the PPT for optimal performance.

I'll take some pictures and a video of the PPT as soon as possible!

Thanks for The Info For Sure I don't have One Like this But I'm sure there are others that need this!! I have been trying to put my terra tiger together and Finding this kind of Info is Great!!

Thanks, I have 3 620's and this will come in handy.

Thanks guys! I'll post whatever I can get out of Bob Cantin.

One question for the guys who have a PPT.. is there some form of gear shifting clutch? It seems you have to jam the gear shifter in to gear and it grinds pretty bad sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Thanks guys! I'll post whatever I can get out of Bob Cantin.

One question for the guys who have a PPT.. is there some form of gear shifting clutch? It seems you have to jam the gear shifter in to gear and it grinds pretty bad sometimes.
    Mine have a shaft on the opposite side from the input shaft which has a braking system to stop the transmission from turning; Keeps it from grinding. I took the whole transmission / Engine module out of one of mine. I'll take some photos tomorrow and post them so you can see how it's setup.
    Last edited by Joe M; 03-22-2011 at 06:19 AM.

Mike, its figure 18 I was talking about replacing with a hydraulic brake from an ATV or motorcycle.... you will see in the late model pics like the 600 series that the little throttle and clutch levers are replaced with regular motorcycle style levers which give more leverage.... If I find a good twin, running or rebuildable for my hustler then I may have the 341 from the hustler available. if that happens I will let u know...
    2000 Land Tamer with Tracks.

Got it.. ok so the "Main Disc Brake" stops the transmission from spinning, allowing you to shift gears without grinding. Does it also slow down/stop the entire vehicle? I remember you mentioning the foot brake that is not hooked up.. is this part of the parking brake system?

As for the 341 keep me updated.. I'm interested in it!

Does it also slow down/stop the entire vehicle?
    Yes it does.

Here are some photos of the transmission brake.

Last edited by Joe M; 03-25-2011 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Added photos

Spent the day stripping down the PPT. Got one track and all undercarriage parts off one side. Lots and lots of body work.

+ Reply to Thread