Pass Par Touts

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Pass Par Touts

Hey Mike, I found the connecting rod for the footbrake today. ya can just let me know if and when u want to get it... its not going anywhere so no rush. Oh, Do you need a trailer? I got a double axle one last week so I am selling the single axle 5x14 one I had here when u came to get the PPT...

also let me know the diameter of the transmission brake disc
    Last edited by soutthpaw; 03-26-2011 at 09:39 PM.
    2000 Land Tamer with Tracks.

Hey sounds good! I do need a trailer.. can you snap a pic and e-mail it to me? Also.. I replaced the starter with a new one.. it fires right up now! As soon as you turn the key there is maybe a half second of starting before the engine kicks in. Big improvement as I found it kind of hard to start before.

Hybrid,
    Been trying to contact Bob. Last email I got from him was back in March. Sent him a few emails, but no response. Have you been in touch with him recently? I need some track guides; in his last email, he said he was having new ones made.

Thanks,
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Hey Guys!

I'd like to introduce myself as a new Passe Par Tout owner in Colorado. My name is Mike and I'm absolutely in love with the PPT I picked up from soutthpaw over the weekend. A huge smile came across my face as soon as I saw it in action and it's never left.

The PPT is in excellent shape and I've been in contact with Bob Cantin. I've asked a few technical questions and he informs me that he has two very large filing cabinets filled with engineering schematics and drawing of the PPT. I asked for the owner's manual and he sent me the following 7 pages out of the book. I think they are an excellent reference so I am posting them here. If anyone else has ANY documentation on these awesome crafts, please let me know!

My PPT came with a Kohler 321 14hp powerplant. I've consulted with Bob and he told me that later in '75 they replaced that with a 16hp Kohler 341 and eventually went with an Onan Twin. If anyone knows where I can find a 341 for sale or an Onan let me know. He admits that the 14hp is underpowered. I had planned on rebuilding it but now think it may be a waste to put any money in to a 14hp. He said that the 341 would be a direct bolt in, and didn't go in to what modifications I would have to make to put an Onan in. I am trying not to be a pest, so am limiting myself on the e-mails I send to him!

Anyway.. here are the owner's manual pages that he sent me. They contain detailed procedures in adjusting the PPT for optimal performance.

I'll take some pictures and a video of the PPT as soon as possible!

+ Reply to Thread