Where do the drain plugs go in on a MAX II

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Where do the drain plugs go in on a MAX II

Where do the drain plugs go in on a MAX II

I recently picked up a MAX II & when i bought it, the owner gave me some drain plugs in a ziplock bag.. I cannot figure out for the life of me where they go in?? - Planning on going for a whirl in a pond soon sooooo i definitely would appreciate help from someone in the know!

Thanks,

SC

They go into the recessed areas of the lower portion of the body tub at the rear of the vehicle. They should be fairly easy to spot once you get down on your knees.

Great i see them, I put the plugs the guy gave me in - & they just drop right off!, where can i get good drain plugs for the MAX? Anyone know!

Local hardware

some folks hate these, but I like them. As long as you remember to screw them in. They take a lot of abuse, and really don't stick out far. I silicone and rivet mine in.

They can be found just about anywhere on-line. Just google "Kayak Drain Plug".

~m

What do I ask for at the hardware store?

Those plugs that he gave you need to be pushed in HARD. They will pop right in with enough pressure and will seal nice and tight.

I use the rubber coated handle from a pair of pliers to push them in. A multi-tool will do.

This is what i use in my MaxIV it is a Baitwell Plugs they fit in just right and then i turn the brass latch clock wise about two full turns and the latch them into place .They fit in there very good and i don't have to worry about them falling out ,,,and when i take them out i just unlatch them and turn them counter clock wise two turns and they slide right out .I got mine at a R&W Marine Sports Center they are 3/4 inch and i payed less than $5.00 for them ,,go to my facebook and see them ,,,,James Gray's Photos | Facebook

+ Reply to Thread