2010 diesel muddox fuel tank problems

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2010 diesel muddox fuel tank problems

2010 diesel muddox fuel tank problems

Is anybody having issues with there 2010 diesel muddox engine shuting down when there fuel level gets down between a 1/4 and 1/2 tank? Does anybody have a fix for this or some good ideas to stop it?

Have you contacted Matt and asked him about it? I'm sure he would like to know of any problems you are having with one of his vehicles.

The best thing is contact Mark ( akexpress ) on the forum if he does,nt post a responce about your problem. Matt is EXTREMELY busy right now converting many machines over from chain drive to all hydrolic drive for Dave. Dave is a Mudd-ox dealer in Canada and buys lots of machines from Matt to lease out. Just about all of the Mudd-Ox improvement have first started on one of Dave,s Machines. Since Dave spends LOTS of $$$ with Matt, he gets first attention. As always----> MONEY TALKS !!! Matt has about 4 men on his crew building machines at all times, 2 men making wiring harness, and two men building frames. Matt is working like a one arm paper hanger now!
    Last edited by mudbug3; 01-23-2011 at 09:07 PM.

I wonder it it could be a sealed tank issue. The tank gets filled and capped, when half the tank gets used it creates a vacuum inside the tank.
    Try opening the cap and see if that works

mudbug,

How much weight will the all-hydraulic version add to the Ox compared to the chain drive ones? Is this the standard configuration now for any Mudd-Ox ordered from here on out? How much does the all-hydraulic set up add to the cost of the machines? Sounds very interesting. Any other updates you can clue us in on?

tank problems

He is aware of the issue but it is a very slow process dealing with him. I love the machine but service is a bit slow. I think the tank needs to be replaced because it seems to be a pin hole in the suction line because it always happens right at that level with a little bit of fuel movement from breaks, turns, bumps etc... I know the engine usually starts to shut down at a 1/4 tank especialy if your on a steep grade and thats normal due to the suction line not being directly on the bottom but I am well above the 1/4 level.

mudslinger

I,ll send you a PM so this thread will stay on topic.

I went to Indiana and picked up my machine in person. I can tell you first hand that Matt is out growing his shop and staff and needs to hire more people to keep up with customer demand ASAP. It does not matter who spent the most money were all customers and I expect quick service. I like Matt, Mark, Rich and Ben and think they are working real hard and love the Muddox for the most part. I talk to Mark and his crew all the time I just want to see if this tank issue is a trend with other customers. Its a ten gallon tank and we need to get ten gallons out of it before worrying about fill up especially as far back as some of us go.

Quote Originally Posted by mudbug3 View Post
    The best thing is contact Mark ( akexpress ) on the forum if he does,nt post a responce about your problem. Matt is EXTREMELY busy right now converting many machines over from chain drive to all hydrolic drive for Dave. Dave is a Mudd-ox dealer in Canada and buys lots of machines from Matt. About all of the Mudd-Ox improvement have first started on one of Dave,s Machines. Since Dave spends LOTS of $$$ with Matt, he gets first attention. Matt has about 4 men on his crew building machines at all times, 2 men making wiring harness, and two men building frames. Matt is working like a one arm paper hanger now!
    Are you saying there will be a Hyd drive motor on each axle and no chains in the system at all or are you talking about the older models being converted from the clutch to the Hyd drive and it still will have axle chains linking it all togather?

Quote Originally Posted by redwoodsmitty View Post
    I went to Indiana and picked up my machine in person. I can tell you first hand that Matt is out growing his shop and staff and needs to hire more people to keep up with customer demand ASAP. It does not matter who spent the most money were all customers and I expect quick service. I like Matt, Mark, Rich and Ben and think they are working real hard and love the Muddox for the most part. I talk to Mark and his crew all the time I just want to see if this tank issue is a trend with other customers. Its a ten gallon tank and we need to get ten gallons out of it before worrying about fill up especially as far back as some of us go.
    Not throwing rocks any anyone but as a response to Mudbugs post. It makes no difference if you buy 1 or 20 machines everyone is a customer...... and each costume is valuable. No exceptions! Service after the sale is just as important as the sale. It is the way i would want to be treated. Rdewoodsmitty has the right thoughts.

+ Reply to Thread