2010 diesel muddox fuel tank problems

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2010 diesel muddox fuel tank problems

tweeter166

Pm sent

Quote Originally Posted by lewis
    Not throwing rocks any anyone but as a response to Mudbugs post. It makes no difference if you buy 1 or 20 machines everyone is a customer...... and each costume is valuable. No exceptions! Service after the sale is just as important as the sale. It is the way i would want to be treated. Rdewoodsmitty has the right thoughts.

Lewis

I am not defending Matt, but just giving my opinion about what is probably going on with Matt. Matt admitted to me that he,s probably going to have to hire a person to take care of the emails to him, and also answer the phone calls, and another person to ship parts. I,m sure that Matt is probably trying very hard to keep his over all cost down, because hiring two additional people will then add cost to an already expensive machine. He needs to do some thing very quickly though, because all of the negative press is not helping his business.

I'm having the same problem with my 2010 Diesel Mudd Ox. The engine dies around 1/4 tank. The other day I was riding here local and it died and I could not get it to start again until I added more fuel which I didn't have and had to run and grab some, good thing I wasn't out in the back woods. I'll talk with Mark and Rich at Alaska Mudd Ox and see what they can do. They have always gone the extra mile to take care of the Mudd Ox owners here in Alaska. I hope there is a fix because right now I only have a 7- 7 1/2 gal tank but hauling the weight of a 10 gal tank.

I've had the same experience with my '09 and it took a a lot of time to figure out why it died and wouldnt restart as you quickly rule out lack of fuel based on what you see in the tank...

Just a thought...would it be as easy as drilling a new hole next to the fill cap so you had some limited access to the backside, then install a new metal fitting, longer fuel hose and pick-up filter, then use the old fuel line outlet with a long vacuum hose as a functional tank vent...

Seems like it might be a quick easy fix for both problems...just a thought....Matt would be a better advisor as to if this would be a good modification to his design, and I would get his thought before performing the fix.

Hi,

I have talked with the guys in Alaska. I had my machine shop make a new fuel pickup tube that can be installed on the existing tank of Rick and Randys machines to find out if there is a small pin hole part way up the fuel pick up tube inside the tank causing the problem. This will be a very easy way to figure out the cause.

Matt

Now thats some good customer service!

West Central Louisiana near Toledo Bend Reservoir
    I've been following all this, and (maybe I missed it somewhere) would like to know for clarity, does the pick-up tube extend all the way to the bottom of the tank? A quick check would be to bypass the factory pick-up line with a different hose through the filler which extends down to the bottom of the tank and without adding any fuel, see if the engine starts. If it does, then you definitely have a hole

Also what kind of fuel delivery system do they have? Not knowing the layout of these machines I can only guess... more info would help.

I have a 2010 Diesel OX, mine would run out of fuel after it burned 4.5 gals. The gauge would show above 1/2 a tank but it would quit until more fuel was added. Matt sent me a new pickup that I had to remove the fuel gauge sending unit to install which means my fuel gauge no longer works. Once I installed the new pickup I could run it all the way to empty. So it would appear that it is a pickup issue. I tried loosing the cap to make sure it was venting, that was not the problem. I'm in Alaska and Matt mentioned that there were others with the same issue. Rich has informed me that a new tank is on the way. I will remove the new pickup and send it to Rich and Mark once I get my replacement tank for other to use to test their machines.

Steve

stid2677

Thats good new Steve! I,m glad you,re getting your fuel problem resolved.

hi all I am not a real experienced diesel guy but I run equipment with diesels and a lot of them have a fuel line installed with a squeeze bulb like a boat fuel line not sure if it would help or not

+ Reply to Thread