I blame Hydromike for this...

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: I blame Hydromike for this...

Quote Originally Posted by Model Citizen View Post
    Makes sense. I've noticed that a lot of the yoots these days have big feet.
    Congratulations. You guys going to get colors for your new gang? Maybe your own unique Hi sign?

Bridget
    I'm thinking our gang color would have to be BROWN!

Quote Originally Posted by hydromike View Post
    Try to sleep tonight, and NOT make a pot of coffee at 2am when you're tossing and turning thinking about how soon you can get the frame out. You already know this from the Truckster rebuild, but look that frame over real closely. Mine was tizzoasted. I could have put 10 pounds of steel into it, but settled at about 6.....

~m
    sleep tonight should be no issue. I'm pushing the 19 hour mark for today. I'm sure the frame will be fine considering how "pristine" the rest of the machine is. It's gonna take half a spool of welding wire just to fix the gashes in the sprocket tubes that were once bolt holes.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

So should I consider bringing my Hustler back to Busco for a Hustler convention? If I start soon I should have it properly PM'd. The "IV Max Pain" needs a few more weekends but should be ready for Busco.

Quote Originally Posted by racerone3 View Post
    I try to keep the fleet to 4 machines, and seldom buy one intending to resell it
    I most often buy a machine with the intent of reselling. 'doesn't usually work out for me.

Hmike: I had the same gouge under the pizza-pan sprocket. 'Must be a bad habit of the big machines. Attex "camo" HDPE doesn't match exactly, but you don't notice it much down there.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Congrats Brian, Im sure it wont take you long to get it going.

Quote Originally Posted by amphibious drew View Post
    Jpswift was trying to everyone to buy that machine including me. He's the real drug dealer
    Who me? Haha, nah. Hey Drew, I think I should go grab that Hustler 950 near me and offer him a rediculously low price so you can join the Hustler club too.....c'mon you know you want to! You'd be surprised how many times that line has worked for me.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Quote Originally Posted by jpswift1 View Post
    ....c'mon you know you want to! You'd be surprised how many times that line has worked for me.
    He makes me feel so dirty sometimes. I have my 980 though, so I guess the ends justify the means.

Now, about that Super Swamp Fox.

~m

Quote Originally Posted by hydromike View Post
    He makes me feel so dirty sometimes.

Now, about that Super Swamp Fox.

~m
    That's what she said! Haha, sorry I had to put that in there......you'd be surprised how many times I've heard that.

And yes, now how about a Super Swamp Fox. I just have to finish up my green Superchief trail machine and if a deal comes along on a SSF I might have to grab it.......wait a second, there's no "might" in there, I'll definitely have to grab it!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

I meant for ME, you boner. *ME*!

(lol, emoticon, emoticon)

~m

Haha, yea but you left such an opening for me to make a comment like that and I just had to go for it. Kind of like when I'm at a party and there's a girl that had a few too many (emoticon, emoticon).

5 HOURS OF CARNAGE

got started just before 10am and as promised, the Bigfoot is reduced to a pile of parts. 3 of the axles were really tough to remove. luckily in all cases, I was able to get the opposite axle out, so I ended up putting a long chunk of steel through from the opposite side and pounding with a sledge. eventually they all gave in.
    I firmly believe that EVERYTHING that has ever fallen into this tub was still in it before I removed the frame. Leaves, trash, tools, nuts, bolts you name it. I'll have to scrape the 3 inches of greasy compost out and sift through it before I start the degreasing process... missing a few small parts and they are probably down there somewhere!
    The PO of the machine claimed that he never drove it, but his nephew's had owned it for years. It looks like it was owned (and "maintained") by a couple of teenagers. there were some interesting mechanical improvizations!
    I've learned a lot today. a Bigfoot falling off jack stands makes a lot of noise. In many cases, if you don't have a nut and bolt, you can just use a sheetrock screw and small block of wood in it's place. If you don't have a lock nut, you can just get a bolt that's way too long and hammer the part that sticks through the nut over 90 degrees.
    after fighting with axles and random odd hardware for hours, the high point of the day came when I dismounted the goodyear super terrible grips and threw them in the recycle pile. I was hoping that 2 of them would be good enough to reuse on my garden tractor, but that didn't work out for me.

H-Mike, clean out your PM's. your inbox is full

Last edited by racerone3; 01-25-2011 at 06:04 PM.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

+ Reply to Thread