I blame Hydromike for this...

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: I blame Hydromike for this...

I blame Hydromike for this...

A few weeks ago when Hydromike posted pics of his newly acquired 980, I sent him a friendly PM to congratulate him on the new machine. I believe the PM stated "you suck, I hate you" Rather than exchange pleasantries with me, he simply replied with a link to a CL ad with another Bigfoot that he had been eying. I looked at the ad and dismissed it, but the seed was planted in my head and like any addict the temptation got to be too much. I called and left a message, and heard back from the guy a few days later. He told me that it was in "Real good shape other than the trans mounting holes are stripped" I asked if he would consider any trades, and he told me he would trade for a log splitter... ok, done!
    as the weekend approached, I called to ask when would be a good time to come make the exchange, and he backed out on the trade
    Plan "B"... sell the splitter, buy the Bigfoot... what the heck, I've got enough wood put up for a while

by the time I got in touch with the guy last Thursday to see when I could come get it, I was on "Plan Q version 2". He had to be out of town for the weekend, but said I could come today. we set a plan to meet around 9-10 this morning, but would finalize those plans Sunday evening. when I called last night, he asked if I could be there around 7am! that pushed departure time to 2am for the 309 mile drive.

the good news is that I am home with a bigfoot of my own. Turns out "real good shape" is a subjective term! I've only had about 20 minutes to look it over, but in that time, I've been able to determine that it needs between 1 and 6 of everything. the body has some damage at the front bumper mounts that will need repair. hopefully the frame will be out on the floor by this time tomorrow.

normally I have only myself to blame for these things, but this one I can Pin on H-Mike! way to spoon feed an addict his drug of choice.
    Bigfoot Build Begins at 10am Busco or bust!

Last edited by racerone3; 01-24-2011 at 04:39 PM.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Welcome to the BIGFOOT club, Brian!!! Glad to hear you finally ended up getting it. I don't think it could have found a better home. I look forward to watching the rebuild.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

It really is going to be a Bigfoot invasion at Busco. Congratulations. Are you just restoring it for now or do you have any modifications that you are going to do?

I was wondering why you weren't replying to txts...... you were busy photodocumenting the carnage! Still a great find. Thank JP first, then me. He found it in the first place, about a month and a half ago.

You're welcome for the misery I've caused. Scanlon this thing ASAP, and make it worth all the misery you've (and I've) put yourself through.

Congrats, buddy... (I'm out wiring mine in the garage right now.... you'll probably still beat me to the finish....)

~m

Quote Originally Posted by hydromike View Post
    ... you'll probably still beat me to the finish....
    You'd better step your Bigfoot game up. If this one goes like the Death Trike, we will have the "After" pictures later this week, perhaps even pictures of a certain someone in a purple velour suit pimping it around Statesville?

Congrats on the new machine. Jpswift was trying to everyone to buy that machine including me. He's the real drug dealer, Mike must just be a middle man.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Congratulations, R13! Looks like we'll have a good group of Bigfoots (Bigfeet?) at Busco.

I blame Hmike for a good share of my habit as well, and when that doesn't work I use JP. The wife is starting to suspect, so I may have to change up and use more names from the list.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Nice 'Foot there Brian! The photo with your 950? sure makes it easy to see how drastic the difference really is! Condition always goes up 4 points when you're selling, and down 2 or 3 on something you're buying You know you're about right when both parties are unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    I blame Hmike for a good share of my habit as well, and when that doesn't work I use JP...
    I can blame my friend Jim for the first two, Don, You for the S.C. and I have NO idea how to justify the next projects than may come this way.
    Last edited by 6X6; 01-24-2011 at 06:43 PM. Reason: 'Cause it's not MY fault!
    Attex 295 Wild Wolf: My Runner
    Attex 252? Colt? Racer 80%: My Racer to be..... SOMEDAY
    Attex Super Chief - Sold.

congrats R13, jealousy is a mean green animal....I WANT ONE!!!!!

Is Hustler the "New Attex"?
    Banned

+ Reply to Thread