Plowing out the backyard.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Plowing out the backyard.

Plowing out the backyard.

We've had a couple of nice snowfalls recently and my trailer is in the backyard so I used the Argo so I can get it out. This is Part 1 , but I think you'll be able to see how great this plow is working out.

Nice Argo. I'm impressed by how well that plow does.

Wow, I don't know about anybody else (Other than Mike, above^, lol), but you just impressed th hell right out of me. I've always just used my quad to plow my driveway, and my driveway is about 15 times longer than yours. Takes forever sometimes.

Has anyone ever put a blade across the back of an Argo and used it as a "Backblade", to get snow away from buildings and such? I wonder if there would be an easy way to do something like that

RD

Wow, very nice. That makes quick work of the yard! Living in Buffalo, we tend to plow/shovel/snowblow a couple times a week sometimes, and this looks like about the most fun you could have.

RD, I bet you could mount a back blade on the machine using the two rear axles as plow mounts. Although it may be down in the slop a bit, use the receiver hitch to mount a small winch, and run the cable to a snatch block up on the belly band, and back down to the blade. Like the front, you wouldn't have down pressure (other than the weight of the blade) but that doesn't seem to be much of an issue in the above video.

Great, now that winter's almost over, I already have a project for myself for next winter.

~m

Here's Part 2 of the video. Enjoy. By the way, I uploaded this part to YouTube in HD. Took forever. Looks a little better though.

@ Rock Doctor, it does do a pretty quick job! Except for a minute or two, these two videos are pretty much real time. So, this snow clearing you see here took about 12-14 minutes ... not bad, considering the amount of snow.

@ hydromike, it definitely is fun ... no question about that! :-) Your idea of a rear blade is an interesting one ... but, you can do a pretty good job of dragging snow back from a fence or building by putting the blade down and working in reverse. In this video, I forgot to winch the blade up a couple of times as I was backing up :-) , so you'll see what it can do. By the way, had to smile at your comment about winter being almost over. :-) Down this way, it didn't begin until mid- January this year ... which is very unusual, but it hasn't let up snowing since then! Seriously! We've got blizzard conditions here again today, so now I've gotta' go out and do this all over again. Oh, the pain ... whoops, fun, I mean! :-)
    Last edited by Zircon; 02-13-2011 at 01:57 PM.

I can't stop watching. After you are done plowing, I want to see a video of you climbing that snow mountain you are making in your back yard.

I think there are several backblade (called pull plows) plows made that hook up through the use of a trailer hitch and all the power unit is contained in the plow unit itself. The only thing you would need is a wire run to the motor and possibly a heavier alternator set up if there is one available. Maybe the MUDD OX or Argo Avenger /Argo 650 8x8 is already set up in this way? I think the angle of atttack on the blade could be set up in a way to make it scrape harder.

Ive always wondered if one of the small Snoway lexan bladed Plows with Down Pressure and Wireless remote could be hooked up on AATV 8x8's. With the 8 driving wheels or track set up, the weight transfer provided by the Snoway set up would make it an effieceiint plow set up. all the controls are on the main plow set up,all you need again like above is a wire harness run from the plow to the motor/alternator...

Jack

Wow, does a great job even with no tracks!!! Looks like fun actually!

+ Reply to Thread