99 Conquest Chevy Sprint Engine Swap

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 99 Conquest Chevy Sprint Engine Swap

slim, that thing is bookin it, great video, This is the start to another one of those historical threads... Like what tire do you thinks swims best, Guys, I'm all ears...
    Every time I have to push 1... I buy 10 more bullets

I might as well fess up. I have 2 metro motors. One is going in my next MaxII and the other is going in my Starcraft. Both will be fuel injected.

Mark M., I wonder how many other guys will be coming out of the closet (so to speak) about having a 3 cylinder conversion in the works....

I might just have to yank the 140hp motor out of my ZR800 & put in my Conquest, just to be different.

If any of you have done the conversion please tell us about how you mated the clutch to the engine. That is one of the biggest issues I can see with the conversion. - Ozzy

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    If any of you have done the conversion please tell us about how you mated the clutch to the engine. That is one of the biggest issues I can see with the conversion. - Ozzy
    Being a machinist with my own machine tools that's not a problem. On the geo crankshaft there is a pilot diameter and a bolt circle so you machine a clutch shaft to mate to those features. I machined one for Mad Max (up a few posts) but still waiting for test results

BTW apologies to the original poster for hyjacking his thread. we should start a new thread dedicated to transplanting outrageous motors in our machines.

Yes i think we need our own post sorry for hijack Slim, so i also found that the Suabaru Justy uses a 3cyl as well and is multiport injection so no need for the big MAP sensor and wire routing as well, might be even easier than the EFI sprint motor
    '99 Conquest 104hp turbocharged intercooled EFI Chevy Sprint conversion
    "Argo 8x8's only" type of guy
    "old school Argo expert"

This threads got me all pumped up. Just a tease on things to come (hopefully this summer). I have two Amphicats, no motors. My original plan was to find a motor and get one going and use the other for parts. New plan! I now have people looking for metros, can you say a metro powered Amphicat8 (I pronounce it Amphi-Cate) Hydromike style.

And maybe a crash video to go with along with a 1 liter conversion (it's been up before, but maybe it's time to bring it back).

6X6 Amphibious vehicle crash into telephone pole

That vid is funny.
    Hey slim great ride. Looks like you were on the blindman? Im interested in your argo. I live in central Alberta I wouldnt mind having a look at it. I have an 8x8 I am thiinking doing the same thing with. I purchased a honda CBR 929 I was going to inplant the motor into the argo but decided I would fix up the bike instead. Im near Clive.
    Stephen

How is the radiator hooked up in that thing(I am assuming it is water cooled) and If you could get a pic of the setup that would be amazing as I am on the hunt for a sprint motor for my maxII now.

Sprint/Geo Metro/Firefly 1 Liter Engine Modification for AATV's

I figured I would start a new tread for this.

Quote Originally Posted by golpher76 View Post
    How is the radiator hooked up in that thing(I am assuming it is water cooled) and If you could get a pic of the setup that would be amazing as I am on the hunt for a sprint motor for my maxII now.
    I'm not sure how Slim's is setup. I just attached my rad right on the back.

IMG_0845.jpg

Also to note: my conversion worked, but being very inexperienced at the time (8 years ago?) it was subjected to a plethora of design flaws. I kept the engine on it's original mounts and welded a sprocket one of the CV cups coming out of the transmission (I use the autotranny as well). The chain drive/CV sprocket/flexible engine mounts = major issues in keeping the chain tight.. from which in one of my "solution" scenerios I ended up breaking the block apart.
    Last edited by Beeman; 03-15-2011 at 12:44 PM.

+ Reply to Thread