99 Conquest Chevy Sprint Engine Swap

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: 99 Conquest Chevy Sprint Engine Swap

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    Mark M., I wonder how many other guys will be coming out of the closet (so to speak) about having a 3 cylinder conversion in the works....
    al least it will make us think about it. the 3 cyl suzuki engine is dirt cheap in Canada as it was used in the Suzuki swift, the pontiac Firefly and geo metro. it was a very popular car.

it would be a very easy swap in my max iv if I redesign another engine "shelf" for the car engine.

as for the wiring, the early versions were carburated engines. and most use a trottle body single injector system easily replacable with a carburetor.
    2008 MAX-IV 500T 30hp Bandolero

Quote Originally Posted by smog View Post
    al least it will make us think about it. the 3 cyl suzuki engine is dirt cheap in Canada as it was used in the Suzuki swift, the pontiac Firefly and geo metro. it was a very popular car.

it would be a very easy swap in my max iv if I redesign another engine "shelf" for the car engine.

as for the wiring, the early versions were carburated engines. and most use a trottle body single injector system easily replacable with a carburetor.

But, if your going to go with a carburetor if it was previously a fuel injected throttle body then your going to have to get the earlier distributer as it has mechanical advance plus vacuum. Fuel injected models have a very simple distributer and lets the CPU handle all the timing issues. The early distributers are still out there. I got mine off ebone.

I picking up another chevy sprint for $200 - have you all gotten yours? :P

Argo

Weekend in the swamp

Slim

car engine argo thread??

i can't seem to find the thread? how did he fair out in the end? was it a firefly engine he used?
    Last edited by Mike; 12-27-2011 at 10:29 PM. Reason: moved post to original thread

Quote Originally Posted by madmac View Post
    i can't seem to find the thread? how did he fair out in the end? was it a firefly engine he used?
    doing a search with "firefly" gave it to me as the second thread. the first being this one.

Quote Originally Posted by thebuggyman1 View Post
    Yikes thats cool,you know that swap I had some thoughts on some time ago,guess its a good one and that motor is likely the one that is in my 2006 Arctic Cat T 660 turbo touring its a 3 banger intercooled turbo built by Suzuki there were a number of years they used that motor,it runs a small turbo was claimed to be 50 ish horse without the turbo and 110 ish with,not using the sled much better get the wrenches out.Hey Smog lookin for a project.LOL

Quote Originally Posted by North Country Tough View Post
    Yikes thats cool,you know that swap I had some thoughts on some time ago,guess its a good one and that motor is likely the one that is in my 2006 Arctic Cat T 660 turbo touring its a 3 banger intercooled turbo built by Suzuki there were a number of years they used that motor,it runs a small turbo was claimed to be 50 ish horse without the turbo and 110 ish with,not using the sled much better get the wrenches out.Hey Smog lookin for a project.LOL
    I've been thinking someting along the same lines. I have a '99 Yamaha Mtn Max 700 Tripple, never use the sled, but have considered putting the engine into an Argo. Not sure how I would do that though. If I ran the Yam motor in it's power range, I think the Argo would be moving at about Mach 1 or better, lol, and Holy Crap, would it be LOUD.

RD

Quote Originally Posted by North Country Tough View Post
    if you go to a KEI car importer, yu can also get that 660cc turbo engine they use everywhere from the tiny convertible to the urban delivery 4x4.

Kei car - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

but I would stay with the 1L for parts availability or go with the 4 stroke snowmobile engine (or jetski engine)

+ Reply to Thread