99 Conquest Chevy Sprint Engine Swap

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 99 Conquest Chevy Sprint Engine Swap

99 Conquest Chevy Sprint Engine Swap

99 Conquest with a chevy sprint engine. More vids to come.

Slim

It sounds good. I look forward to seeing some video of it running. Tell us some more information about the swap. What kind of HP does that motor have, how much does it weigh, what modifications did you have to do, etc. Also, how does it perform now and what kind of speeds and RPM are you seeing?

Hi Mike,

I intend to get some more video today. I didn't install the engine, I bought it like that. I think that engine has about 60 to 65 hp and I don't think it weighs much more than the Kawi. The reason I say that is cause it floats up in the water as good as the Kawi. I haven't done anything other than add another fan to the right side to cool it down. If it's cold outside I don't turn that fan on. I get enough heat off the engine to keep the cab warm. It has lots of power. Speeds on tires up to 40 mph.
    I don't know what the rpm is. I don't let many drive it cause you could blow the engine or a clutch and cause some major injuries and damage.
    I haven't had any drive train troubles as of now. I do have some methods of my own for service as I've explained in previous posts. I also added a 1000 gal/hr bildge pump, and I found I was still getting water up on the belt causing it to slip. I added a little pump that pumps about 1 gal/minite and cleans it right out. I did put two new argo 22X9X8 tires on the front and now when I open it up in the water it'll lift the front end up about 6 inches. I don't get stuck unless it's really bad terrain.It would be interesting to have all new argo tires on and give it a run.

Anyway. it's lots of fun.

Slim

doesn't sound bad at all!!!!!! i know several people who are thinking abought swapping a 1.0 3 cyl motor into aatvs they are compact (like 17inches from crank pulley to flywheel!!!) and they are aluminum block and head so they are light !!!! you can find them in geo metros suzuki swifts and older carberated models in chevy sprints
    they dont call me mad because im angry!!!!! im just a little crazy thats all!!!!

Sounds sweet! Cant wait to see a video of it in action!

I found this online
    Suzuki 993cc (60.597-cubic-inch displacement) in-line 3-cylinder engine.
    60hp and 61lb torque.

Run on the river

Holy smokes,that thing just flies!
    Is it still decent to steer at such speeds,or are you in danger of loosing control?

Just got to hang on. It's no different than any other.

Slim

WOW, I guess i know what i'll be looking for when my engine konks out. Nice machine slim. Keep the videos coming.

Definatly some improvement there over the 20hp Kawi. Looks like fun.
    Was that other Argo on standard tracks?

+ Reply to Thread