Hustler skid pan

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hustler skid pan

Hustler skid pan

Just wanted to pick yall's brains a little.Has anyone taken an old hustler and cut the hull between the chain runners ,say just in front of the hump and up 1 foot in the front and bolted or riveted it to their machine for a skid pan (or plate)

unless it was a bad bottom, there is no way I could do that to a hustler....
    Quote Originally Posted by 6 WHHEELS OR BUST View Post
    Just wanted to pick yall's brains a little.Has anyone taken an old hustler and cut the hull between the chain runners ,say just in front of the hump and up 1 foot in the front and bolted or riveted it to their machine for a skid pan (or plate)

I just built a skid plate for my bigfoot from a 4x8 sheet of black poly. the material was about $85 from a local supplier. It wasn't a fun process and took about 15 hours (I think I could cut that time in half having gone one now) I cut the material to the dimensions of the lower tub and riveted it in place around the perimeter. To form the chain channel area, I took a piece of 2"x1/4" flat steel and drilled a series of 3/16" holes in it. Once the steel was placed where I wanted it, I drilled 3/16 holes (using the steel as a guide) through the skid plate and Tub. then I ran 3" deck screws through the steel, skid plate and tub into a scrap of 2x4 on the inside of the tub. While heating the skid plate with a propane torch, I gradually tightened the screws until the skid plate was stretched into place. once it cooled I removed the screws and replaced with sealed rivets. once all the channels were done, another round of heat from the torch was used to bend the front and rear of the plate into place.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Do you remember what type of plastic you used? HDPE? LDPE? Thinking of adding a skid plate to my 950 after the April Busco ride.

It was 3/16" HDPE....

~m

The bottom is busted in all 4 corners & is on my parts machine. There is also another complete hustler partially floatin in a near bye river.

+ Reply to Thread