Tire type,size and brand???need imput

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tire type,size and brand???need imput

Tire type,size and brand???need imput

I have a 1990 argo magnum,installing supertracks,changing tires and have 3 options.1st option kenda k472 22x11x8 approx $54.00. Option 2 chevron at101 22x11x8 for approx $110.00.and option 3 maxix 4 snow tire 22x10x8 for approx 112.00.the kenda and chevron are both 4 ply and maxis 2 ply.does anyone have any imput do they all work with tracks??do they work well for swimming without tracks.who can tell me the details.thanks in advance.

Help has anybody got any imput??????????

Hi: I'd start with the search bar at the top, search each tire type to see what others have posted about them. This is usually quicker than waiting for someone to find/answer your post. The Maxxis 4 Snow tires have been said to not swim for crap, at least on an Attex. Search your machine and tracks to see what tires others are running, I know at least sometimes you need a pretty specific tire size for tracks. And you may need a smaller tire to clear the tub.
    Attex 295 Wild Wolf: My Runner
    Attex 252? Colt? Racer 80%: My Racer to be..... SOMEDAY
    Attex Super Chief - Sold.

Hello and body out there???what about that stryer tire it is 22x11.00x8 v grip with knobbys on the the side though does anybody know if these work with super tracks???scard dont want to crack the tracks

I did a lot of tire research for my Conquest. If I remember right the V tread with the knobbys swam but not real well because the knobs messed with water flow. I think one guy went as far as cutting out the knobs. Those knobs also tend to grab when turning also. I ended up getting the Kenda 472 (21x11x8). I didn't realize there was a 22" available or would have gotten them. I like them. They swim pretty well. Not as good as a set of Argo tires but they aren't $150 a piece either. They mud good & handle driveway stone. They are a little rougher ride than the runamuks but I have yet to put any holes in them or had any sidewall problems. I did mount my 13" Argo tracks on them this winter (ran 2psi) & put about 10 hours on them. Keep in mind my tires were 21 inch & not 22. I would think that with an extra track link you could run them on the 22" tires. What I did was keep my old tires. I figured I could get some cheap rims since I don't think I would need the bead locks with the tracks on. This way I could run the Runamuks with the tracks if I needed to. - Ozzy
    Last edited by Ozzy; 03-14-2011 at 07:51 AM.

Has anyone used the carlisle at101 with tracks??21x11.00x8 is what i can buy here just worried they are too wide and will crack the tracks???

a while back I posted a bunch of tire tread pics over in the tires gallery. I am planning on using that size on my hustler, looking at either a GBC dirt devil or the Sedona Mud rebel , I have had both on ATV's the Dirt devil has a more flexible sidewall than the Mud rebel. ltp mud lights or copies of that design seem to swim ok too....
    2000 Land Tamer with Tracks.

+ Reply to Thread