Ice Fishing Southern Ontario Style

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ice Fishing Southern Ontario Style

Ice Fishing Southern Ontario Style

Hello all I've been lurking for some time now and have finally made the plung and got a Mudd Ox. Fantastic machine and hope to be sharing many more experinces with you all.
    I had a chance to take my machine ice fishing and have a few pics
    This is with me and the boys on Lake Simcoe in Southern Ontario, Lakers and Whitefish.

Last edited by smokeeter; 03-18-2011 at 08:45 AM.

Nice haul, but i don't see the lakers you were talking about ??
    i just noticed that was your first post ,so welcome to the "cybre world of 6x6" smokeeter
    PS nice little portable fish finder
    Last edited by Robinhood02; 03-17-2011 at 05:03 PM.
    He who has not cruised the back country in a 6x6 , has not lived life to it's fullest
    A Mans level of mechanical education directly corresponds to the level pain suffered while getting it

damn,i can see my house in the second picture.nice bunch of fish bud.3rd picture looks like you incriminated yourself.lol

Welcome to the site. That is a good looking Mudd Ox.

Hey! Where about's on Lake Simcoe did you get the white fish? Any good spots? We only got around to catching small pearch this year, but last year we got some nice white fish near snake island.

The lake trout are in with the big pile, we're allowed two of each ( if you don't have conservation license), there are always enough guys for the fish , that particular day we limited out 20 trout and 20 whities we were on the north west side to the lake around Hawkstone not all of the fish hung around for the picture.
    Plott hound I must have passed you on the way out on Tuesday we went off at Innisfil and caught our fish north east of Fox island, 98 ft of water.

possible smokeeter.i was just out from bigbaypoint fishing in the mouth of the bay.right close to home.

I always thought lakers were dark like this, and a little bigger.
    here is some we caught up here last winter,

i think we hauled 7 or 8 of these last yr on two different trips
    He who has not cruised the back country in a 6x6 , has not lived life to it's fullest
    A Mans level of mechanical education directly corresponds to the level pain suffered while getting it

alot of the time color is determined by the lake they live in, we sometimes refer to lake trout as grey trout. And yes they do get bigger but they have to get there. these averaged 5 or 6 lbs.
    Nice fish you got there. even the ling

+ Reply to Thread