Electric 6 wheeler?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Electric 6 wheeler?

SUPER NICE !!! Any idea on battery life? Can ya putt around on it for a hour or two?

More like half an hour I'm thinking. It really depends on what I'm doing and how low I want to take the batteries. These Odyssey AGM's can be deeply discharged, but with any battery the lower you take it the more you shorten it's lifespan. Cruising along the road or a smooth dirt trail at around 10mph I could probably do an hour, crawling up muddy hills and twisting around trees will probably get me about half an hour of run time. I'll have to see once I get the battery pack broken in, they should start to perform better after a number of cycles.

Hey, that's a real nice job. Sure has a different sound. For such a prototype machine, you've had a very successful 1st run. Congratulations.

Whipper

Yip its really quiet ! I'de call it the ......SNIPER.......

Congratulations! It's so good to see another unique 6x6 project on this board come to fruition. All of your hard work paid off nicely. It looks like a blast to drive and I love that sound (or lack there-of). Please do keep us updated on long term results and let us know what you would do differently if anything.

And of course, keep those videos coming!

Quote Originally Posted by whipper-ag View Post
    Hey, that's a real nice job. Sure has a different sound. For such a prototype machine, you've had a very successful 1st run. Congratulations.
    To Invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. (Thomas Edison)

That thing is just friggin cool! Looks like alot of fun! Cant wait to get my beast put back together.
    It's not a matter of life or death. It's much more important than that!

Hmmmm, I bet there is a lot of room in an Argo 8x8 for batteries.....

Hi,
    how many power has the engine in watt or hp?

Since I'm running a 48 volt pack through a 400 amp controller I guess theoretical power is 48x400=19200 watts or 25 HP. With efficiency losses and the reality that I'm probably never drawing maximum amperage it's probably closer to 20 HP.

+ Reply to Thread