Electric 6 wheeler?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Electric 6 wheeler?

I have a mostly complete Sidewinder 6x6 that would be a good start for your electric 6x6. The sidewinder looks a lot like a Scrambler, but the whole tub is accessible by lifting the rear seat. It is not worth the effort to restore, but its a great building block for a custom machine.

Lance

I did some quick research on sidewinders, it's a fiberglass body right? What kind of shape? Is the driveline all there? Bearings, etc? Does it have a T-20?

Old style Sidewinder had a clutch/ brake system similar to a Scrambler. It had a fwd/reverse transmission but not now. The axles,chains,bearings, clutches and all are there. Missing the engine ,fwd/rev trans and the tires are shot. The fiberglass body is pretty good. No major holes. I'll post some pictures if I can find them.

I just noticed you're in Pittsburgh PA, over 6 hours away from me. I only have access to a truck that I can borrow for a few hours, couldn't do a 12+ hour round trip.

Thumbs down

First piece of the puzzle is on it's way! A 7.5 inch Jim Husted HiTorqueElectric.com special.
    Attached Images

Awesome, this will be an interesting build to watch. Keep us updated.

I don't think a hybrid AATV would be worth doing. The nice thing about all electric is you don't have to carry around a gas motor and gas tank and use the room for extra batteries.
    Even if you built it all battery and such, if you find your time running short you could always add a little gas gen in the back bringing the status back to hybrid :P

Keep us posted!!

I'm really psyched to get started on this project and once the motor is in my sweaty little hands I'll really be jonesing for a 6x6 to work on. I'm thinking maybe I'll expand my options and include a running vehicle in my searches with the hope of recouping some cost by selling the motor if it's in good shape. I didn't think it would be that hard to find something in my area and I don't have the time or means to drive all over the country to look at something that may or may not be what I want. So I'll have a higher initial outlay but probably a vehicle in better overall shape to start with. Of course the other problem is if I have a running vehicle I'll probably want to play with it. One of life's little dilemmas I guess

A question on the T-20, is there any gear reduction in it or is it just 1:1? I'm trying to get an idea of what sort of gearing I need. Also, is there any gear reduction from the T-20 drive gears to the axle driven gears, or is that also 1:1?

Oh, I think I'll call this project either the AMP-phibian or the Amphibrillator

the one on ebay

did that guy say if he still wanted to sell that one? and did he ever indicate how much he was trying to get for it? i might buy it
    i think that is really cool

i woul not sell my gas one but i can replace batteries a lot easier than i can work on these motors, etc!
    i know i can swap batteries out!!

+ Reply to Thread