Members Map

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Members Map

Members Map

What happened to the members map? (http://www.6x6world.com/forums/local...your-area.html).

It doesn't seem to be working any more.

Frappr was purchased by a company called Platial (I think). Eventually Platial went under and it took Frappr down with it. Sometime before its demise, they tried switching Frappr to a paid model but that only added fuel to the fire. It sucks that everything was lost but that's how it goes.

ahh.. that sucks. It was a really great idea to see where we were all located on a map. I wonder if it could be done with google maps?

we can set one up on google maps that can be publicly shared and anyone can edit it. I just setup a test one and I playing with the features right now, after some testing I'll post up a link and see what Mike thinks about how it works and then we can maybe he can set one up based on the sites title.

I believe that you should be able to view this map as I set it up to be unlisted but can be edited by anyone with the link. To add yourself to it just put your city, state, and zip in the the search bar once you open it up. It will then show you a bubble where you are located and if you click on that bubble then click save to ... it will save your location to the map. After this if you hit edit on the map then click on your placeholder you can put your 6x6 world username that one everyone knows who is where.

Here is the link:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...158.027344&z=3
    Last edited by golpher76; 03-15-2011 at 12:51 PM. Reason: new link which Opens up zoomed out map area

i found if i did the search thingy it opened up a new map, so i simply scrolled out and moved your map to my area then zoomed in and placed my marker with my info then saved it and it worked well that way
    He who has not cruised the back country in a 6x6 , has not lived life to it's fullest
    A Mans level of mechanical education directly corresponds to the level pain suffered while getting it

whatever is easiest I just want to find out also who's somewhat near me that I can do some riding with this year.

I've got a place holder now on the map. Yeah, the searching thing just opens up new map. How about some rules?

Title - Your 6x6world user name
    Description - Something about yourself??

If you know of any riding areas, you can setup a block (draw a block on the map) and lable it riding area (name of area) with a description of what to expect (can drop in pictures too!).

Lets go guys lets fill this map up so we know who is close to us so we can ride with them .

got my balloon on there now.

+ Reply to Thread