1978 Attex Superchief Restoration.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 1978 Attex Superchief Restoration.

Nice!
    Banned

Very Nice jerbear! Lots of work went into that machine and it shows!

"All the little pieces, where do they all com from"

Well, got a job done this weekend that I was not looking forward to doing. Sandblasting 33 years of dirt, rust, grease, and paint off all those little pieces. I hate sandblasting and painting little stuff, soo tedious. These pics are of round one, red imron. Round two was black imron. Glad that's done.

After it all dries, I can start putting it all back in. Whooo hoooo!!!
    Attex, there is no substitute

New Brakes

Not quite sure what was wrong with the brakes on my SC, but they were worn soo uneven. Since I took the time to take them apart, clean, and repaint all the parts, I wanted some new pads. The only place I found that had new ones was Richards Relic's, but he wanted $100 for the PADS ONLY!! That didn't include the rivets. So I called McMaster Carr and ordered new brake material and the rivets and decided to just make my own. The material and rivets were shipped to my door for $29.

Painted old brakets. Cut pads out of material. Drilled holes and countersunk rivet heads.

Showed my dad what I was doin and he said "I have the tool for putting the rivets on, that's the way I always did brakes back in the day." He's had a body/mechanical shop for 50 years. THANKS POP!!!

And here you have it, NEW brake pads for $29

That's some nice work there JB.
    Banned

WOW!!!! That is awesome. I love what your doing to it! I really love green too!

Very nice, and not something I thought of before. Boy I love McMaster, now I have to find a good grippy material, and a rivet tool. I guess I should do the Wolf and S.C. They AREN'T too worn, but old oil soaked etc... Might as well do it, LMK how the material you chose works out. I hope to gain grab since stock seems weak. (Probably because of old pads though)
    Attex 295 Wild Wolf: My Runner
    Attex 252? Colt? Racer 80%: My Racer to be..... SOMEDAY
    Attex Super Chief - Sold.

Finally get'n some stuff assembled.

Comin along. I like this part, it's fun putting stuff back together with clean parts and hardware. Rebuild G50b with CDI in. Put a couple zerks on the controls, don't know why that wasn't done at the factory. Fun, fun, fun.....

Last edited by jerbear; 04-11-2011 at 08:05 PM.

Very nice JB!
    Banned

No detail overlooked.......now THAT'S how it's done right there! Nice work.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

+ Reply to Thread